so angry right now

I think the fact she wont have a bed to sleep on now is punishment enough without taking christmas presents away too.

If you manage to fix the bed then put the christmas money away into savings or like someone else suggested, put the money towards a new bed frame. The consequences being, her Christmas money has to be spent on a new bed frame and not what she wanted

I didn't take the Christmas presents away though it would've only been until she had showed me she could behave.

I attempted to fix the bed yesterday but I couldn't do it I'm not strong enough to get the screws in the wood myself so I'm going to have to get hold of a drill. I really don't want to give up on it because it's a gorgeous solid bed, but if this doesn't work I'll have to

I'd do the same as Omar's mum.

The natural consequence is that she has to sleep on a mattress on the floor. I don't think she should be "punished" more than this. Kids make mistakes and I don't think "taking" things away like toys or money help in the slightest. At the end of the day the bed will be broken regardless of how she is punished. I think encouraging her to tell the truth and know it's acceptable to tell the truth even if a child has done wrong is the most important thing here.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->