so angry - spent my morning trying to comfort a load of 3/4 year olds!!!

ashlee23

Reaction score
So I have a 3 year old nephew who is sooooo excited for xmas and to go and see Santa. His parents are really looking forward to it too as its the first year he's understood the whole story of Santa Claus bringing present etc so they have arranged to take him to lots of playgroup xmas parties and to get a visit from Santa a couple of days before xmas etc.
Anyway one little boys mum from his playgroup doesnt believe in telling her child "a load of lies about some guy bringing presents" - fair enough her choice and obviously this little boy always tells the others all this but there is enough of them they dnt really pay much attention.
HOWEVER today at a birthday party his mum actually sat them all down (im talking 30 toddlers) and told them Santa doesnt exist, hes just a guy in a costume and that their parents made him up!!! WTF!!! who the hell does that to a group of small children? I arrived about 10 mins after all this and id agreed to take a group of them home after, I was greeted by 4 very upset children wanting to know if this was true. Did my best to convince them otherwise but so angry - plus with my hormones I couldve either slapped her or cried myself. What a nasty witch! What the hell gave her the right to say that to other people's children???
Sorry just needed to get it out, rant over xxx

id be absolutely LIVID. Heads would roll and im not kidding :shock:

Who does she think she is?!! Holy crap, I probably would have slapped her! Bet she's going to get an earful from a lot of angry parents!!

She was obviously very naughty when she was little so santa never got her any presents.

I'd be going MENTAL if an adult tells Liam santa isn't real. Fair enough another child who has figured out the big secret..but an adult!!!!?

thats what i thought, i mean seriously, how mean do u have to be to do that to a loads of little uns who are just gettin excited??? angry was not the word! had to leave quickly or i wudve slapped her! xxx

oh my god thats totally out of order! she can tell her child what she likes but she had no right saying anything to others kids! im glad you convinced them otherwise and im sure his mum and dad will make xmas so special he forgets all about what she has said!! i hope your sister says something when she see's her, i'd want to rip her head off ha ha.

we dont do "santa" in this house the most " santa" our boys get is that Santa brings the presents that mummy and daddy and everyone else buys them for Christmas, so they always know the gifts are from people who love and care about them not from some Character they dont know.

I can understand people not wanting to 'do' santa. However to tell anybody else' children that is sooo out of order. I would be livid.

Wow! I can't believe her! She can tell her own kids what she likes, but to tell other people's kids is completely out of order. Even kids who have figured out the truth for themselves know better then to spoil it for the other kids.

I would have gone beserk if she did that with my child. How dare she! Those poor kids, too. Stupid, silly cow!

we dont do "santa" in this house the most " santa" our boys get is that Santa brings the presents that mummy and daddy and everyone else buys them for Christmas, so they always know the gifts are from people who love and care about them not from some Character they dont know.

yeh thats what im doing, i already say we need to sent these to santa etc, not like she understands yet ha ha.

i tell my daughter that we send money and the list of what she wants and santa will do his best to get them all ready for her, also so santa doesnt get all the credit loooooool

on a serious note tho i wouldve lost control with her and told the kids that shes too naughty to get presents!!!!

That is beyond ridiculous! Why ruin a fun childhood fantasy for these kids? It's her prerogative to not teach her son that way, and I have no problem with anyone choosing not to for their OWN kids, but how on earth does she think she has the right to tell everyone's kids that?? My brother and SIL aren't "doing" Santa, either, but they're also telling their daughter that other people DO believe in Santa and that's just how some families celebrate, so she shouldn't say anything if they do believe in Santa, because different people believe in different things. I would be furious! I don't plan on "doing" the traditional Santa thing with my baby, either, but they will have a "Santa" gift that they wait until Christmas morning to open (we always opened gifts on Christmas eve, because of my mom's work schedule, and then had our Santa stuff on Christmas). But I would never DREAM of telling other people's kids that Santa isn't real without their permission! I feel bad for her kid, because I get the feeling that after this, very few parents will want their kids hanging around with her kid!

Omg, i would be one of the mum, i would be really p*** off and would def tell her and make sure the other do too ! So young children as well, it is evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->