so are clots not normal?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by ginloveshemp, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ginloveshemp

ginloveshemp Well-Known Member

i almost always have clots and stringy ness in my periods. is that not normal to have? i always assumed that it was totally normal, so i never asked anyone about it... :shrug:

2. Grumblebea

Grumblebea Well-Known Member

I think it is normal for some. My DD and a few of my friends get them, I don't.

3. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Mother of 2

I get clots with AF.

4. Rosered52

Rosered52 Well-Known Member

5. LilLeafyLea

LilLeafyLea Well-Known Member

I'm a fellow clotee gin! There was an earlier thread on this about this and the lady had particularly large clots - she referred to them as the same size of the palm of her hand. That isn't normal for clotting but as long as they are relatively small in size that is ok.

It's just your cervical lining coming away in masses and fluid rather than just fluid. Mmm sexy lol!

If you are worried though you should see a dr just to rule anything out x

6. twinkle458

twinkle458 Mum to Charlie & 2 Angels

Hi

It depends on size. Anything larger than a 50p is not normal..try taking baby aspirin every day whilst ttc (75mg dose) and right through first tri once you get your bfp. Stop at 12 weeks.

7. rdy4number2

rdy4number2 Well-Known Member

I've heard the biggest acceptable size is the size of a quarter. Honestly, If something came out of me the size of a quarter I would freak!!!! So I understand where you gals are coming from.

rdy

8. ceejie

ceejie Well-Known Member

I have clots up to the size of a toonie (Canadian two dollar coin)...my doctor says it's normal for me. I think it has something to do with having irregular cycles, as I notice the longer my cycle is, the larger the clots. I have the "stringyness" as well, but I just thought that was normal?

If you have any concerns, just ask your doc.

9. itsy.bitsy

itsy.bitsy Well-Known Member

i get large clots to the size of a small plum.... its gross especially when they are more of a browny colour for the first few days of AF. Mine are most likely caused by endo. as far as i know small red clots are nothing to be worried about it can just be AF mixed with CM or caused by heavy flow

10. pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Mummy to an angel x

I have clots sometimes too. I couldn't handle it if they were the size of my palm!! I feel a little queasy just at the thought of it!

xx

11. Sewergrrl

Sewergrrl Mama of 2 girls

I get stringy clots because of fibroids, but my GYN says they're very small and not to worry.