so confused! CBFM results vs OPK results? what to go by ATM.

mummaof2bumps

Reaction score
On second cycle using CBFM, and on CD 16 atm, still getting a low reading. Did 2 OPK's today and both show positive. Any ideas why that is? Or which one I should trust as being positive? So confused. Thanks in advance ladies.

Hi mummaof2bumps! That is strange you haven't even gotten a high. Did you get highs or peaks on your first CBFM cycle? If so, what day did you peak last time and how long are your cycles usually? Are you also checking temps or CM? Any updates since your post? If I were you, I would go with the OPK but still keep testing on CBFM too just to see what happens.

I am also in CBFM purgatory right now. I usually find it very reliable but this month I do not know what is going on. I have been getting highs for days now with no peak in sight but looking at my sticks, it looks like I peaked on CD16 when I had my strongest LH surge (line on left estrogen, line on right LH). CD16 & 17, I had ov cramps and I seemed to have ewcm but I am also using Preseed so I was skeptical about my ewcm being leftover Preseed. Everything points to me ovulating already although I did have some more ewcm this morning which I know wasn't Preseed because we didn't BD last night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13
Ho Mrs.T! My last cycle I got a high reading on CD 22, then my peak on CD 23 & 24, I backed up my first peak with a normal OPK and it was a blaring positive. My cycles range from 33-37 days
I don't temp and since my MC in October my CM has totally changed!! I used to get lots of EWCM, but now I only get a little bit if any to help me determine my fertility. I will continue with the monitor and see what happens.

Does your monitor ask you for 10 or 20 tests? I think they should keep askong for tests until we get our peak reading, lol. And I agree days 16 & 17 lines are definitely visable.please keep me posted on your progress. Baby dust to you!

CD 19, TD 11 and got my first high reading of this cycle. When I get my peak reading I will test with a regular OPK

It's hard after a mc to get your body and cycles back to normal eh? Well since you didn't peak until CD 26 last time maybe it hasn't happened yet. But yeah, if you do end up getting a peak on CBFM do another OPK for shits and giggles to see what it says. Or maybe CBFM just didn't catch your peak this month like me. Mine asks for 20 or until peak is detected, whichever comes sooner. I agree it should just keep asking until peak is detected or AF arrives. I am scared it is going to just stop asking me and I will have to switch to OPKs for the rest of my cycle just to make sure. I wasted a couple CBFM sticks around CD 17 & 18 because I peed on them at night just to see if I was missing my surge. (I didn't have any OPKs.) I was shocked after CD 16's test that I didn't get a peak on CD 17 so it lead me to investigate further. My CD 16 and the one I did at night on CD 17 looks like I peaked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 4
These were my ovulation tests this morning, and the CBFM still reads high so I did the cheapie and its a positive!!! Any thoughts Mrs.T?

Attachments

• 20140522_091056.jpg
    20140522_091056.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
Yeah the test line on the OPK seems darker than the control line so looks positive. Do you have a pic of the CBFM stick progression? Hope you get your peak on CBFM tomorrow. I can't figure out why you got a positive OPK 5 days ago and again today unless you're body was revving up to ovulate a few days ago but didn't.

Ive never been one to take pics of my stick progression, but im gonna start now, lol. Would be nice to be able to compare them. I will update you tomorrow morning:). Have ypurself a great night MraT :)

Well heres my tests from this morning, and still the CBFM says HIGH and there is NO mistaking that the OPK is a blarjng positive. Guess I will BD everyday until I get a negative on either one. Have a great day all:)

Attachments

• 20140523_091113.jpg
    20140523_091113.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
Well heres my tests from this morning, and still the CBFM says HIGH and there is NO mistaking that the OPK is a blarjng positive. Guess I will BD everyday until I get a negative on either one. Have a great day all:)

Definitely positive. Get to BD'ing! :) :sex:

Seems I am unable to upload a photo tonight. But I wpuld like some advoce: this mornings CBFM stick showed one line and remained at a high reading and the OPK showed a blaring positive just like the one above. I JUST did another OPK and its the same blaring positive as the above. What I am I to do and think???????

I would go with the OPK. Just keep BDing. Which line was the CBFM showing? The estrogen line is supposed to get lighter and the LH line (one closest to the wick you pee on) typically gets darker.

So this morning, I was out of sticks (since I wasted a couple peeing on them at night earlier in my cycle because I was convinced I was ovulating and I wanted to see what they look like) and the CBFM was asking me for one. So I thought let me try something. I took that stick that I peed on the night of CD17 (see pic on the first page of this thread) and it came up as a peak! I knew I ovulated CD 16 & 17 (see progression pics on the first page of this thread also). I am going to do a hard reset of the machine so it doesn't store that data and thinks I peaked today CD 24. Moral of the story is I will back up my CBFM with OPKs in the evening from now on.

P.S. I wonder if the monitor was confused and looking for a later ovulation this cycle because I didn't ovulate until CD 26 last cycle because I had just had a chemical. I have heard not to use CBFM right after a miscarriage but I figured since it was such an early miscarriage that my cycle would still be pretty normal and I was curious to see if I would ovulate that month.

Mornin Mrs.T :). So heres this morning tests, and I am so very frustrated ATM! CD 23 and still a HIGH reading with CBFM, but theres not even a visible 2nd line, and yet another BLARING +OPK!!! What is one to think?? I have BDd every day for the past 4 days and will keep at for a while longer. Starting to think that the CBFM was a big fat waste of money:(.

If I were you id be calling CB about your test results, at least youve got pictures to back your cycle and complaints up, lol. Did you BD on CD17??

Attachments

• 20140525_094258.jpg
    20140525_094258.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3
Wow! I don't know what to tell you. Your OPK is positive and your CBFM stick looks low. How bizarre. But haven't you been getting positive OPKs for days now? That seems like a long surge. Your DH is going to get exhausted. LOL!

I did BD on CD 16&17 so hopefully caught it. We'll see. FX for us both! :)

:dust:

P.S. Just an FYI, this is the first month I have had trouble with my machine. It worked for me in March but that turned out to be a chemical. Don't give up on it just yet. Maybe you got a bad batch of sticks or something?

So just to follow up on this thread, AF ended up arriving on time (30 day cycles for me). I do think I ov on CD 16 or 17, despite what the CBFM said but didn't catch the egg this month. Good luck mummaof2bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->