• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

so confused- HCG only 6??

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i went to see my dr today about when we could ttc after a chemical pregnancy last week at 4w4d.
He said we could try whenever, but he also looked at my blood results from the day i started bleeding then again 48hours later.
My HCG levels were only 6 and 2.. so he said that he thinks i was never actually pregnant and my period was just 6 days late.. despite the 10 positive FRER tests i took, and despite the symptoms of pregnancy (veiny sore breasts, achne etc.)

Now i usually love my dr but he made me feel like an idiot today.. i dont understand how my HCG could only have been 6? And my period late ny 6 days.. its never late..

Really made me feel like my loss was nothing.. im having a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow to check my ovaries and things coz of the late heavy period..

Im so confused :(

https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Acording to this anything above 5 is classed as pregnant. If you had them tested the day you started bleeding probably had already started to drop a day or two before.

Mine had dropped from 150 to 48 within a day of bleeding so your levels were most likely much higher before your bleed/test.

I'm so sorry for your loss xx

I think it was an early pregnancy, but I know here medically they won't class it as a pregnancy until it's over 25.
Frer can pick up hcg from 6 so they were indeed positive tests you had. I'm sorry your Dr made you feel like that xx

Tests pick up really early numbers, some tests are alot more sensative.
Six could be pregnant, and set off tests, but sometimes its not really. Before you get into that you had a m/c, maybe get a second opinion. Cysts can also cause what you are going through.lots of hugs hun

Thanks ladies. I had a pelvic ultrasound and all is well down there. Seeing a different dr tomorrow for something u related so ill ask her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->