so confused (new pregnancy mentioned)

kipperc

mummy to an angel
Reaction score
im so happy and sad at the same time i really am confused, i got married on saturday and did a test on sunday which told me i was pregnant im so happy but scared and nervous and sad that i should have george here waiting for christmas, i really hope this pregnancy works out because i really can't go through another loss again i want to hold a living breathing baby i want my baby to scream when he/she is born not a silent room with just the sound of our tears.

Congratulations... why don't you come over to the pregnancy after a loss forum and speak to the lovely ladies there! I find them all a great help and very reassuring :hug:

Congrats.

The PAL forum has loads oof Mummies on there expecting, i know they will be ab le to help.

V xxx

Congratulations hun xxx

Congratulations on your wedding and the baby. I know the confused feeling so very well (I am 33 wks pregnant).

I hope this doesn't upset anyone - its just my own views. I think that realistically every pregnancy has a chance of loss - but if you haven't experienced loss you have pregnancy naivety (it always happens to someone else) we unfortunately do not have that luxury... it does not mean that anything bad will happen.

I also think that once you have lost a baby you often use SANDS and sites like this so you are aware of all the different things that can go wrong. I have past the stage where I PPROM'd last time and the stage my son was born and died, but until the baby is born and given the all clear I know I will not relax.

I find the only way to do it is to take it one day at a time. I have bought a few things for the baby (weirdly more earlier on... I felt that either way this is going to be my last pregnancy so I bought a buggy before my 20 week scan.... I was so determined that I was going to choose a buggy for one of my children - work bought one for ds1 as my leavers gift and with Billy we never got to do it). But I find it really hard to buy things like 'babys coming home outfit' because I can't let myself believe I will get that far.

BUT this is not a doom and gloom post - BUT I take heart by people on here and SANDS who have had a sucessful pregnancy after loss, there stories do reassure me, they often had the same fears as I do through their pregnancies, they do give me alot of hope.

Congratulations on your wedding and the baby. I know the confused feeling so very well (I am 33 wks pregnant).

I hope this doesn't upset anyone - its just my own views. I think that realistically every pregnancy has a chance of loss - but if you haven't experienced loss you have pregnancy naivety (it always happens to someone else) we unfortunately do not have that luxury... it does not mean that anything bad will happen.

I also think that once you have lost a baby you often use SANDS and sites like this so you are aware of all the different things that can go wrong. I have past the stage where I PPROM'd last time and the stage my son was born and died, but until the baby is born and given the all clear I know I will not relax.

I find the only way to do it is to take it one day at a time. I have bought a few things for the baby (weirdly more earlier on... I felt that either way this is going to be my last pregnancy so I bought a buggy before my 20 week scan.... I was so determined that I was going to choose a buggy for one of my children - work bought one for ds1 as my leavers gift and with Billy we never got to do it). But I find it really hard to buy things like 'babys coming home outfit' because I can't let myself believe I will get that far.

BUT this is not a doom and gloom post - BUT I take heart by people on here and SANDS who have had a sucessful pregnancy after loss, there stories do reassure me, they often had the same fears as I do through their pregnancies, they do give me alot of hope.

Nice post :thumbup::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->