So confused! OV spotting, implantation bleeding or AF?

FitE

Reaction score
I give up!!! I obviously have NO clue whatsoever what's going on with my own body...

I just got very light bleeding, very pink and watery and I have NO IDEA whether is an ovulation spotting, implantation bleeding or even a start of AF :roll:

So here's the deal:

After stopping with BC my cycles varied in length and were very long (43-46-37-46-47 to be specific).

This is my first month of TTC and I haven't been taking any OPKs, temps or else trying to figure out when I'm ovulating.

Based on my cycle length I could be ovulating anywhere from CD23 to CD34. I've been DTD every other day since CD18.

Today is CD34.

It could be:

- OV SPOTTING - since i did thought it was going to happen yesterday and I did have very watery CM from CD28 up until today...

- IMPLANTATION BLEEDING - since i have NEVER EVER had any spotting (AF or OV) before in my life and since I am TTC...

- AF - since it is CD34 and it could just be my cycles getting back to normal length after BC...

I have absolutely NO idea what's going on :-(

I guess my questions are:

- Is CM very accurate?

- Can OV spotting just randomly start one cycle, even though it has never happen before?

If the answer to questions above are yes, than I'm guessing it's the OV bleeding.

- How long after implantation bleeding is the test positive? I don't want to do it too early and get a BFN, I would rather wait a few days longer.

I'm soooo confused and this spotting isn't helping AT ALL!

Well, since I'm a very positive person I guess I'd be happy either way - either I'm OV for sure, my cycles are getting back to normal or I'm pregnant :lol:

Hi there,

CM is usually accurate for ovulation if you get EWCM, which is clear and very stretchy. Many women get this around the time of ovulation, but some women never see EWCM. It usually happens only around ovulation, but some women get random days of EWCM at other times in their cycles. Usually though, if you have a few days of plentiful EWCM that means you're nearing ovulation.

I had ovulation bleeding for the first time this cycle with two days of the tiniest amount of red blood mixed in with the EWCM a few days before ovulation. I don't know what caused it, maybe my ovaries gearing up to release an egg?

As for inplantation bleeding. I've never had it before, but if you did have it you would expect a positive test two or three days later.

I hope you figure out what's going on soon. Good luck.

Thank you for your comment squirrel.

The bleeding became very strong and menstrual cramps started yesterday so I'm guessing it's AF and my cycles are now getting shorter which i LOVE :D!

Since i got AF on CD34 and have only decided to have a baby on CD18, we probably started right about the time of my OV and I didn't even knew it.

And after realizing my OV happened around CD19 (even before starting a journal), it's so funny reading my first posts where I started to check my CM waiting for OV and commenting that I don't think I'll OV soon since there is still no CM and very dry (no sh*it Sherlock, you just OV'd a couple of days ago :lol::lol::lol:) and that's probably the reason why I never noticed any ewcm, just lotiony CM and at the very end (before AF) it has become more watery.

So this will actually be my first cycle of TTC from the beginning and I'll definitely be prepared not to miss OV :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->