So confused

mrsb07

Reaction score
I'm 13 dpo, 2 days ago had a little bit of yellow/brown discharge with a dot of red. Today is when AF should start & I'm spotting so I thought that it was starting. However, I still am having trouble eating breakfast (been like this for about a week) because of the nausea. I start eating something & then think I'm going to be sick. It usually gets better in the afternoon so I've been eating a little bit during the day & then a normal dinner (sometimes with heartburn/indigestion which again isn't typical for me). I really thought I was starting my period this morning, but I don't remember having this bad of nausea with my period. I also started getting pain in my back, just in one spot on the lower/mid left side.

I attached my chart but I've only been tracking my temp for a month. Do you think I should just assume AF is here & not take anymore pregnancy tests, or should I still keep taking them? I was leaning towards not taking anymore, but now I'm not sure.

Attachments

• FFchart.jpg
    FFchart.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7
I'm 13 dpo, 2 days ago had a little bit of yellow/brown discharge with a dot of red. Today is when AF should start & I'm spotting so I thought that it was starting. However, I still am having trouble eating breakfast (been like this for about a week) because of the nausea. I start eating something & then think I'm going to be sick. It usually gets better in the afternoon so I've been eating a little bit during the day & then a normal dinner (sometimes with heartburn/indigestion which again isn't typical for me). I really thought I was starting my period this morning, but I don't remember having this bad of nausea with my period. I also started getting pain in my back, just in one spot on the lower/mid left side.

I attached my chart but I've only been tracking my temp for a month. Do you think I should just assume AF is here & not take anymore pregnancy tests, or should I still keep taking them? I was leaning towards not taking anymore, but now I'm not sure.

It may still be too early to test at 13 dpo. The spotting you mentioned could have been implantation bleeding. If it were me, I would wait a couple more days to see if you actually start like normal and if not THEN take a test. Save yourself the stress of repeated negative tests. Unfortunately all the symptoms you've described can also come with starting your period, but you have said some of them aren't normal for you so really...only time can tell. I know that's so frustrating but continuing to get BFNs can just cause your anxiety level to increase which could also make you late. Hang in there!!:flower:

Also, after looking at your chart I would recommend making sure that you take your temperature as close to the same time every day as possible to get the most accurate results. Each point on your graph that is a circle instead of a solid dot indicates a temp that may not be completely accurate. Just a little suggestion, sometimes temping at the same time is difficult to accomplish. I didn't realize this at first myself, and have since set an alarm 15 mins before my normal alarm to make sure that it's consistent.

Thanks, I'm going to try to wait as long as possible. The problem with temping is I go to bed around 10:30, usually wake up around 2:30 to pee, sometimes around 4:30 to pee, then wake up at 6:30 when my husband's alarm goes off, then sometimes sleep another hour. I've been taking my temp at the first time I wake up during the night, but it does fluctuate some. Or should I start temping at 6:30 instead since that one is consistent? I wasn't sure since sometimes I have only been asleep about 2 hours when his alarm goes off.

Personally, I find that I wake up nearly every day a couple hours before i'm supposed to temp, and if i just go pee and come back and go back to sleep for another two hours, it seems to not change my temp much. i have experimented a bit with this because I'm so prone to those early AM wakeups. I would take my temp when i awoke in the wee small hours, and then again when I awoke a few hours later. They were typically very close, or close enough not to effect my chart. I also find that while it's important to be consistent, removing the stress of it from your brain helps you sleep. When you first start charting it can consume your sleeping mind waiting to see what your temp will be! (also, my chart is a terrible example this month, because I've skipped just about every day pre O--I know when I'm going to O most months so I'm lazy until the week of :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->