So confused

lalalarori

Reaction score
So, i need some input on pregnancy tests and whether or not i could be pregnant. I track my periods, and when I have sex. My fiance and I spent just about every day together, and had intercourse (unprotected) on the days up to, on and after when my tracker predicted ovulation, which was May 1st. The day before my fiance died, May 10th, i experienced some light-ish bleeding. ( i have a blood clotting disorder so my periods are usually heavy.) The blood was a little brownish, lasted about 3 days, and was too early for my predicted period (May 16th). My periods are always on time or 1 or 2 days after the predicted start date. The bleeding was also not accompanied by any other symptoms that would normally come with my cycle: no cramps, bloating, backache, fatigue, or clotting. Since the bleeding I have had little appetite, and am nauseous frequently. This morning, I am almost too nauseous to finish a donut for a breakfast. I noticed some creamy discharge in my panties saturday afternoon/evening. I checked my cervix when I got home, and it was in a mid-high position, and closed but very soft.

I had bought a 2 pack of pregnancy tests saturday night, clear blue brand. One was digital, one traditional hpt. I tested first thing in the morning with the traditional, and the test was invalid. I got a horizontal line in the results window, but no control line showed up. I tested again a couple hours later with the digital, which was negative. As I said, I woke up this morning extremely nauseous. Have had no other bleeding since the 10th. Last menstrual period was April 12th and was normal. I could use some opinions and advice, as my instinct tells me i'm pregnant, but the tests say otherwise.

Please, if this post is in the wrong place, advise where it should go. I just have no idea whether or not I am pregnant.

Im so sorry about your Fiancé. As for you being pregnant or not, I honestly can't say. You might be or you could be just late or not having your period due to stress or some other issue. Your best bet is to try another test.

I'm so sorry about your finance :( I would think since the hpt is negative you're probably not because if you had sex last say may 9th or 10 the least you could be would be 12-13dpo which would probably show but if you're levels are low it won't. Your period maybe delayed due to stress and grief :( wait a few days and retest or ask the dr for a blood test.

I am so, so sorry to hear about your fiance. I am praying that God will give you what is best for you on this maybe baby situation.

I'd say test again. One was invalid, and the other done not with FMU. If you're 20+ DPO as your app is saying, a negative most likely means true negative. However, if you ovulated later (not sure if you're temping or your app is going off of standard cycle numbers), you *might* be fewer days along, and that would put a false negative into the realm of decently possible. For instance, something like 8% of women who are pregnant still don't get a BFP at 14 DPO. Alternatively, the stress you're going through could be throwing a curve ball at your uterus and that could be why you're late. I'm hoping your limbo ends with a favorable answer soon!

I think you should retest in a few days, if it isn't positive and you still don't have any sign of your period then perhaps see your doctor for quantitative bloods. This will tell you the actual level of hCG, if any.

I would suspect lack of appetite is probably due to your recent loss, which I'm so sorry to read. You are under a lot of stress at the moment. Grief can cause all kinds of weirdness, and can impact quite heavily on our usual cycle and interfere with appetite. It can also make you feel constantly nauseous. It's a gut wrenching emotion which can cause so much chaos, which only time will start to even things back out.

I hope you find an answer soon and I hope you have people around you for support :hugs:

I'm sorry about your loss hun ♡hugs♡ I would test again just to be sure digital hpt need more hcg to read positive so you could be pregnant or like others said stress from your loss can make you late.

I am so so sorry for ur loss and truly hope the test just wasn't sensitive enough,digitalis can take a little longer,stress can delay or even prevent ur af but really hope not for u Hun xx

So so sorry for your loss. I really hope u get the result u want xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->