So confused

Kammie22

Reaction score
I had my private scan today, I estimated I should be about 7 weeks, my last af was 24/08/20
I also had spotting/ light bleeding around the time my period was due in sep, anyway at the scan they said they could only really see a small sac and she can’t rule out an eptopic cause its not clear, she said I’m maybe earlier than I thought ?
I’d be grateful for anyone’s advice

I had a scan at 7 weeks and they couldn't see anything doing an abdominal scan. I emptied my bladder and they did an internal and there was my little bean measure 6+4 with a heartbeat. I'm sure it's just too early to see anything on an abdominal. Good luck

I had my first scan at 6 weeks 2 days and they started off with an abdominal and they saw baby but wanted a clearer picture so they did a trans vaginal scan instead. I was surprised they even tried doing an abdominal scan as early as I was because I'm overweight.

Thanks ladies, I feel a bit more reassured now

it’s just worried me when she said she can’t rule out an ectopic pregnancy

I just replied on your other thread and then saw that you'd posted separately, sorry.

Sorry to hear your scan wasn't clear, if it helps at all, I've always needed an internal scan at that early stage to get a clear idea what was going on in there. Have you got another scan booked?

Hi yea, Iv to go back tomorrow for a repeat scan so hopefully things will be made a bit clearer then

When I had my initial “dating” scan for my first pregnancy they tried to do an abdominal scan but couldn’t get a clear reading so they did an internal. I think I was 7 weeks but measuring 6w3d (not enough difference to change my due date) - but the heartrate was slightly lower than what she would want to see to classify it as a “viable pregnancy”, and wanted me to come back the following week or 2 weeks, can’t quite remember. But she kept saying that she couldn’t confirm it as a viable pregnancy and I was so upset about it. When I saw my doctor with the results a few days later my doctor completely dismissed that and said the heartrate was perfectly fine for how far along I was, although she said I could have another scan if I wanted. My OB could see me at 9 weeks so I just waited until then. Fast forward and that pregnancy is a healthy, chubby and very active 10 month old boy! And I just found out I’m pregnant with my second baby!
I’m sure your situation is just because they did an abdominal. Fingers crossed for your next scan!

We saw the heartbeat at the scan today, she said I’m only 5-6 weeks

That's great news that you saw the heartbeat ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back