So excited! Just got into midwife care!

victoria1987

Reaction score
YAY! I am so pleased! :happydance: I got a spot with one of the midwife practices. In my area we have a severe shortage of midwives (as in we have 7 total in my entire county of 400k+) so it is extremely difficult to get into care. I called immediately after my bfp and have been waiting on a decision until today. I got a call this morning telling me that they have space and my first appointment is on 20th Jan. I already have an appointment for my first scan and prenatal blood work for 8th Jan with a nurse practitioner that provides overflow care but I am so relieved to know that I can have a midwife.

Basically in our area if you cannot get a spot with one of the 7 midwives you have no choice but to have an OB. I have nothing against them but I have wanted to be cared for by a midwife since well before I got pregnant. So this is a little victory for me and I am so excited.

How awesome!! I've loved working with my midwife so hopefully you have just as positive of an experience! :hugs:

We are usually cared for by a midwife in the uk ( unless 'high risk') they are fab! Congrats xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->