So Frustrated; Looooooooong Cycle Coming off Birth Control

Mrs. Tigger

Mom of Two
Reaction score
I'm just looking for some support. I need someone to talk to who might understand. I took my last birth control pill on Feb 28th and I had withdrawal bleed on April 10th to April 14th. DH and I were using condoms, then pull out method, then we decided to throw caution to the wind mid-April and just NTNP.

But the problem is . . . it is now CD86 and no period!!!! :sad2: I have taken 3 HPTs in this time and all without a doubt :bfn:

I have written the doctor and am waiting to hear back. I was on BCP for ~10 years and when I went on them at age 20, I had always had extremely irregular periods all of my teenager years. I remember it was standard to go 3 or 4 months with no period. In fact, I am not sure I have ever actually ovulated in my life :growlmad: I am frustrated because I have wanted a :baby: for so many years and now that it is my turn . . . :nope:

I am afraid to hear from the doctor because I have always struggled with my weight, a lot, and I am quite overweight now :blush: I have managed to get quite a lot of the weight off in the past by basically starving myself and exercising like a maniac, but it seems like if I eat *anything* extra or slack off on exercising just a little, the weight just balloons on me like crazy :shrug: I have worked with nutritionists and personal trainers so I know what it means to lose weight healthily . . . it just does not budge unless I go absolutely crazy, and then it goes only very slowly. It is so hard to deal with this and live a life where I work, etc, that I have just given up and I am at a steady, but very heavy, weight now, even though I am eating quite healthy and moving more. In years past, I have had my thyroid tested and it always came back barely in the OK range. I am afraid I have PCOS (but I don't have any of the other symptoms of PCOS, just the irregular periods and issue with weight). But I live in Denmark and there is a super anti-Medicine attitude here and also very pro-exercise/fitness, so I feel almost certain they will tell me they won't help me unless I lose weight first, and I am so overweight it could take maybe even 2 years of extreme work with my slow metabolism to get down to a 'healthy' weight :sad2: I am turning 30 this year and I know that is not old, but i'm not getting any younger.

I just feel so frustrated and angry, even though there is no one to be angry at :cry: I haven't talked to my DH much about it . . . he knows that my period hasn't come back yet, but doesn't seem worried (but he is a bit clueless when it comes to TTC and although he is ready to try, he also doesn't feel a reason to rush).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->