So frustrated with my nose! Relate to me please!

kimberleyrobx

Reaction score
I am SO BLOODY FRUSTRATED with my sinus's! Since becoming pregnant my nose has been getting worse! It started off with me snorting during the night, and now i can barely breathe! I keep snorting! My nose is really stuffy and every time i blow my nose there is ALWAYS a bit of wet or dry blood! Its hurting my nose instead there's so much of it! And to top it off, THE SMELLING! I can smell EVERYTHING through this blocked nose! OH made soup a few nights ago but because he was admitted to hospital etc i completely forgot about it and didnt empty the half full soup pot when it went bad! So now the kitchen stinks, but i can smell it from the living room! I steeped the pot this morning and thoroughly cleaned it etc and sprayed millions of air freshener! No one else can smell it, but it is so damn strong to me and its pissing me off! I keep thinking it must be some fousty smelling thing behind the couches or something but its coming from the kitchen! Why does pregnancy put us through this! I thought it was meant to be all rainbows and smiles? I dont see no rainbow, and i definitely aint smiling! I want to boak all the time because of these disgusting smells! It doesnt help that im already feeling sick with a churning stomach, never mind all these stenches i can smell that no one else can! I want to cut my nose off! :haha:

My sinus got worse for a few weeks at the start of my pregnancy but it has eased again. Try sleeping with a few pillows under your head at night.

Maybe give a neti pot a try? In my final month of pregnancy with DS I ended up with a horrible upper respiratory infection, a neti pot was a lifesaver.

I always get rhinitis when pregnant, its bizarre! I wake up and blow my nose every morning! Think it stopped for me second tri x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NeilMed-Sinus-Rinse-Starter-Sachets/dp/B000RJGB5C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388084791&sr=8-2&keywords=neilmed+sinus+rinse

This is great for sinus infections/issues too!

I need to get a new one.

my nose is driving me nuts as well, running, bleeding, getting blocked and the smells i smell yuk hate it, especially with my daughters dirty nappies and the cat litter. my partner thinks im crazy as he haven't got a sensitive nose like us so he cant smell it as much. i cant forget the sneezing!! -_- lol

I'm using a vaporizer all day & night to keep the air in my bedroom / house really moist. Also agree with the neti-pot suggestion, my oh and I both use one and it's great, helps him stop snoring and me to stay clear. It's so dry here in Canada in the winter it's terrible!

I've had a stuffy nose since the bfp. Cos of previous mmc am finding it quite reassuring but tbh getting bored of it now!

I will definitely try out these things you girls have suggested, its driving me crazy! My nose is really blocked right now, anyone would think i was ill! I've been blowing my nose umpteen times a day and especially at night! xx

lol... I get the same thing during pregnancies. My nose just feels stuffy, but it's not. It's a common symptom, but it is quite annoying. I'm sniffling with NO mucous as I type this. lol

But yeah, the smelling everything... well, that will probably go away when baby's a month old or so. haha. Kidding, it might not be that bad. I barely notice it in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy.

I was preggers last year and completely blocked up. My doc prescribed a spray that's a steroid to help open my sinuses. She said it was harmless to the baby but would help me breath. There are options if you have to have something but I'd try the vaporizer & netti pot first. The other thing she mentioned is going outside for a walk in the cold will constrict the blood vessels and allow you to breath. It's when you get nice and warm with all the extra blood your body is making they dilate and then you can't breath. Ice pack maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->