So frustrating not knowing how far along I am, anyone else?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
This baby was a surprise! I had had my implant out in June for other medical reasons and we used barrier method, I didn't have a period other than spotting at some point but have no idea when.

Anyway, had early scans, three to be exact but they say they won't date me at them and I have to wait for my 12 week scan. All the say is 8+ weeks, but don't give how many days, so been doing all sorts or guessing. Lol.

My last scan was Monday and I was 8+ weeks, so assumed Monday or Sunday I was 8 weeks, so I'll be 9 weeks Sunday or Monday coming, she did write it was 2cms, and I looked that up and it says that's end of week 8 or beginning or week 9.

I've not booked with my MW yet or booked my scan and a a I've had a loss before I'm mostly sticking my head in the sand until I've got 12 weeks as that's when I lost the other one, so I'm wrecking my brain as to how far I am. I know I'm either 8 or 9 weeks though.

I doesn't matter at all but I do find it frustrating. Anyone else?

Me! Haven't had any scans yet but had a miscarriage on the 14th of August then on the 10th of sept I had a light no clots 3 day period a week earlier than it should have been, then I started getting all the signs around the 1st of October and low and behold a positive test on the 4th about 10 days before my period was due, and 3+ on a clear blue digi 2 days after my period was due lol

It's annoying isn't it? It didn't really bother me much but today it obsessing lol. Then I looked up baby size as I know it was 2cms. The info online says 8 weeks 1.6 cms (I was 1.5 6 days previous) and 9 weeks 2.3 cms so I'm guessing I'm already 9 weeks. Argh, why they couldn't just date me to stop the obsessing lol.

Yep! I just wanna get things moving with appointments and scans so I can get a due date and I can see what my baby is doing/looks like at whatever week I'm on! Lol

Yup, except it's a 4 or 5 week frame for me!
I've got PCOS and can ovulate anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months after my period, or quite frequently not at all. I had my period on the 9th of June, and didn't notice I ovulated at all. Tested and got a BFP on the 31st of august. I'm somewhere between 10 and 15 weeks, and midwife refused an early scan as apparently they're booked full apart from emergencies and they wouldn't do a 12 week scan if I had an early on. My first scan will be on Thursday, which will hopefully give some more answers... it's driving me slightly batty, but less so than it did the first week (when I kept dreaming I was actually 3 months along already, or in some dreams in labour already).

Yup, except it's a 4 or 5 week frame for me!
I've got PCOS and can ovulate anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months after my period, or quite frequently not at all. I had my period on the 9th of June, and didn't notice I ovulated at all. Tested and got a BFP on the 31st of august. I'm somewhere between 10 and 15 weeks, and midwife refused an early scan as apparently they're booked full apart from emergencies and they wouldn't do a 12 week scan if I had an early on. My first scan will be on Thursday, which will hopefully give some more answers... it's driving me slightly batty, but less so than it did the first week (when I kept dreaming I was actually 3 months along already, or in some dreams in labour already).

When is your scan? Frustrating!

On the 24th, so I'll be somewhere between 11 and 16 weeks. I personally *think* I'll be around 11 and a half weeks, but DH and my friend think I'm further on as I picked up a heartbeat at what, according to my guesstimate, would be 8+5 and am quite large already. Bit annoyed about not getting an early scan to date me more accurately, as if I'm at the higher end of where I could be it will be too late on in pregnancy to have the NT test done

I'm guessing by LMP for my ticker, and my OB has that guesstimate in her notes as well. It's bugging me that I'm not totally certain of that, but I have a few more days to go. What kills me more is that we had an unofficial scan and were able to see the little one, but there wasn't anyone in the room who could do the dating officially. Looking forward to Monday, when I have my official dating scan and a better guesstimate on our due date.

On the 24th, so I'll be somewhere between 11 and 16 weeks. I personally *think* I'll be around 11 and a half weeks, but DH and my friend think I'm further on as I picked up a heartbeat at what, according to my guesstimate, would be 8+5 and am quite large already. Bit annoyed about not getting an early scan to date me more accurately, as if I'm at the higher end of where I could be it will be too late on in pregnancy to have the NT test done

Yes sounds crazy. I'd not be impressed, I picked babies heart beat up today although that doesn't help as I don't know how far I am either.

Can't believe they wouldn't date you. Not long until the scan. You need to let us know

Definitely frustrating! I am pregnant with my second child... and don't know how far along I am either!

My first pregnancy they gave me an ultrasound right away and checked the heartbeat.

This time around they didn't check anything!
Doc just sent me to get a 'dating ultrasound', but when I called they asked how far along I was and I told 'em "I DON'T KNOW!!" .... Apparently you have to be a certain amount of weeks to even get this ultrasound!

I'll let you know once I find out =)

I had early scans with my 1st and 2nd pregnancy as well, though at the time we were actually trying so I knew when I'd ovulated! Figures that the time I'm clueless they won't scan me. Think it has to do with the fact my midwife only moved here a week before she saw me, so she's very new still ... don't think she wants to push boundaries yet. My previous midwife basically said she'd lie to the 'higher ups' to get me the scan and 12 week scan.

I'll let you know once I find out =)

I had early scans with my 1st and 2nd pregnancy as well, though at the time we were actually trying so I knew when I'd ovulated! Figures that the time I'm clueless they won't scan me. Think it has to do with the fact my midwife only moved here a week before she saw me, so she's very new still ... don't think she wants to push boundaries yet. My previous midwife basically said she'd lie to the 'higher ups' to get me the scan and 12 week scan.

If it weren't for the fact your scan is Tuesday I'd say call the EPU directly and tell them your story. Although my EPU told me if I were close to 12 weeks they would class it as my 12 week scan.

Definitely frustrating! I am pregnant with my second child... and don't know how far along I am either!

My first pregnancy they gave me an ultrasound right away and checked the heartbeat.

This time around they didn't check anything!
Doc just sent me to get a 'dating ultrasound', but when I called they asked how far along I was and I told 'em "I DON'T KNOW!!" .... Apparently you have to be a certain amount of weeks to even get this ultrasound!

Argh! So how many weeks of saying "I DON'T KNOW" before you can book it? :wacko:

I've been dated in previous pregnancy scans at 7 weeks, but for some reason they won't now.

Promised I'd pop back in and update everyone...
Had my scan this afternoon. My guess was I'd be 11+3, I was dated at 11+4! Can't believe I was only a day off =D

Baby is healthy and well

Promised I'd pop back in and update everyone...
Had my scan this afternoon. My guess was I'd be 11+3, I was dated at 11+4! Can't believe I was only a day off =D

Baby is healthy and well

Big congrats! Two weeks for my scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back