so here is my birth story

crazy mummy

Reaction score
This is way late but I am so busy. I really wanted a home birth but it was baby number four for me so we had endless trouble getting approved for one but eventually they gave me the go ahead so on the 30th of March 10 days over due I went food shopping insistant that I had nice snacks and drinks for the midwives should I ever go into labour although at this stage I wasn't confident, so anyway by late afternoon I was in a very shitty mood shouting at my mother and my girls anyway mum left at 5.30pm and by 6pm I was having pains which I wasn't convinced were contractions so I sent the hubby a text explaining the situation but telling him not to worry I then put my girls to bed.
My hubby then phoned to say he was on his way home and did I want any chocolate surprise surprise I said no but I wasn't convinced that I was in labour as the pain was very on and off and he didn't need to rush, anyway he came home then spent two hours annoying me about timing my contractions which kept starting and stopping and and I still wasn't sure were contractions then I had a sandwich so I was convinced I wasn't in labour anyway at 10pm I told hubby I was off to bed as the pain would stop anyway and I wasn't staying up all night, I got into bed but the pain ramped so I got straight up and came down stairs and phoned the hospital as by this stage I was very emotional and in agony and the lovely lady on the phone told me she would send a midwife, so at 11.30 my midwife arrived and she was lovely she examined me told me I was 5cm and phoned the second midwife she arrived at 12.30am and I really didn't like her, I continued standing in my kitchen riding out the pain and having a chat inbetween at about 1.30 I started on the gas and air but it just made the pain worse me and baby were back to back and she was turning so I threw it across the floor I was such a wimp, at 2.30 I insisted they took me to hospital as I had had enough and couldn't cope but my midwife said I couldn't go as I would deliver before they arrived so I pushed and pushed but it wasn't happening so I moved onto my knees and at 2.55 out came baby Charlotte onto my living room floor caught by my lovely midwife a very healthy 8lb 11oz alot bigger than my other 3 girls, I really was a wimp but I did it and was very proud of myself. My midwife was amazing she kissed me on the head when I delivered and I just sat saying I did it I did it, so when my babies got up that morning they had a baby sister and it was magical, sorry for going on but it was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->