So hot!! How will I survive the summer?!?

MeganS0326

Reaction score
So it was 91 today and I'm so so so hot and uncomfortable anytime I go out. It's not even technically summer yet! It's not unusual for it to be in the 100's most days here in the summer. I think I'm going to melt away. DS was born in March so most of my pregnancy was in the winter. Anyone live in a hot climate and been through a summer pregnancy before and got some tips??

Welcome to Texas! lol.. I was just looking at the temp because I was considering going for a walk. Umm maybe in a couple of hours lol. I remember being pregnant with my daughter in the summer and it was rough!

I'm a Texas girl through and through and I normally love the heat. This is so not like me. I guess I'm going to have to fill up the baby pool and go for a soak with a big glass of sweet tea.

haha amen sister! I am fixin to make a sweet tea pie this weekend. I don't mind the heat but the humidity here in Northeast Texas is for the birds lol.. It isn't too bad today though thankfully.

OMG, what is this sweet tea pie you speak of???? Care to share the recipe?

I'm in San Antonio. It's like soup here most days so I'm used to the humidity normally too. Pregnancy hormones are a killer!!!

This is the one that I am going to try. https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/sweet-tea-pie/

I won't complain about the heat after all the rain we have been getting. I saw really no rain in the forecast this week and I was plum tickled!

I'm in NC and it's already in the 90's! Our weekend forecast says it'll be 97 by Sunday :cry: Like you said, it's not even officially summer yet!

My last pregnancy we lived in Las Vegas and I had my LO in April, so not terrible. Still, Vegas is a dry heat (like opening the oven door) vs. NC being hot and sticky. I'm not quite sure which is worse. My saving grace has been the AF base recently opened up a splash pad so I've been going there a lot with DD.

I'm in IA and we've been high 80's but it's supposed to hit 98-100 this weekend and be in the 90's next week.

I was pregnant in the winter with my dd. I had fans blowing and the windows wide open mid winter because I got so hot. I'm screwed this summer. Haha

Coastal NC here, upper 90s expected for this weekend. Im dreading it. Ive never had the majority of my pregnancy in the summer. DD was born in April and DS in November so with both of them, it wasnt terrible. But this baby, I'll be hugely pregnant through the worst of it all. NOT looking forward to it. I dont do well in the heat to begin with, one episode of heat exhaustion as a kid and Ive been doomed ever since. The humidity is what really does me in. In all honesty, I plan to stay inside as much as I can. If I take the kids outside at all itll be to the pool. Playground days can be reserved for daddy.

Im in Ky. Its been in the 80s. Its actually dropped to 70s today but will be back up to 90 by the weekend.
I stay inside in the AC or in the pool. I try to avoid everything else if possible. LOL
I had babies in Feb, Dec and Aug. this one is due in Sept. I barely survived the August one. It was so hot that year. I actually ended up in the hospital dehydrated so make sure and drink lots of water ladies! That was no fun at all! Thats why Ive decided this time its the pool or air! No need to suffer!

So sorry to hear that you ladies are suffering too but glad to have the company :haha: Another unforeseen consequence, I just got my electric bill today and Oh BOY! This heat is going to cost me in more ways than one.

Eating ice helps
Bit weird but it really does make u feel cooler
I used to work in burger place on a grill in summer in college
We r lucky we don't get crazy high temps ( Ireland)
Eating ice was only thing that saved me
What is 90 in celcius
I should stop being lazy and google :)

My DD was born last July. It gets pretty hot and humid here. To be honest, I just didn't get out much, and when I did, I wore skirts, tank tops, and anything that would help to keep me cool. Also I bought popsicles and cold drinks to help. Mostly I just stayed in though and kept the thermostat at 72 degrees F, much to the disdain of my DH. :haha:

My DD was born last July. It gets pretty hot and humid here. To be honest, I just didn't get out much, and when I did, I wore skirts, tank tops, and anything that would help to keep me cool. Also I bought popsicles and cold drinks to help. Mostly I just stayed in though and kept the thermostat at 72 degrees F, much to the disdain of my DH. :haha:

Only 72?! Oh my gosh. Id die. I have ours set at 68. During the day I could probably bump it to 70 but Im too lazy to constantly adjust it. At night I cant sleep if its above 68. Even then I have a fan on, and sleep just under a sheet. Our electric bill this summer is going to be outrageous.

I found a water bottle that has a mist function. I just go around constantly misting myself. That seems to be helping, so far. The air conditioning is out in my car, so if I have to drive during mid-day, I take along a bunch of those reusable sports injury gel ice packs and drape them over myself. Between the two, I've stayed pretty comfortable so far.

Come July and August, I think I'll just refuse to leave the house!

i'm in southern GA and right there with you... hot as hell over here!

It's supposed to be 92 here today. ughhhh!

Lilies, 90 fahrenheit is 32 celsius. I think eating ice is bad for your teeth but I might have to give it a go.

Uni, If my car a/c didn't work there is no way I'd be venturing out anywhere while the sun was up. You are way braver than I!

Hot here! I handle it by not going outside when I don't have too. Drinking water like a fish and when I'm not working being a bum.
That pie sounds delicious.

Thanks Megan xx
I never heard its bad for teeth.
Whoops.
Its a habit I've taken up again a bit recently
Um.....
I stopped cos I heard not great for ur tummy.
But I've no idea why :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->