So I got a letter this morning...

Bexivillian

Reaction score
So I got a letter this morning... And for some odd reason I have a scan on Weds afternoon.

I have my 12 week booked for the 12th Dec, I'm not sure why i'm getting the other. Could be because I have been put on consultant care? I got a letter about my consultant appointment in the same letter.

But regardless..... The wait is nearly over finally. BONUS SCAN :happydance:

sorry It is not about your second scan but I wonder what is Natural parenting?

Woohoo don't knock it. You'l have emough scan pics for an album lol

I think people define natural parenting differently, the term attachment parenting is similar. But for us we want to bring our children up naturally, babywearing, cosleeping, breastfeeding, cloth bumming, natural non gmo foods, wooden toys. We do alot of research on vaccinations and avoid painkillers and antibiotics, trying to use natural/herbal alternatives. If you catch my drift :)

Woohoo don't knock it. You'l have emough scan pics for an album lol

Hahaha i know! I haven't had a scan up to now so a little nervous. My partner said if they are a week apart its not going to change very much so whats the point of having two? Men just don't get it :haha:

I think people define natural parenting differently, the term attachment parenting is similar. But for us we want to bring our children up naturally, babywearing, cosleeping, breastfeeding, cloth bumming, natural non gmo foods, wooden toys. We do alot of research on vaccinations and avoid painkillers and antibiotics, trying to use natural/herbal alternatives. If you catch my drift :)

So if I am pro: breastfeeding, organic home made food but I do :babywearing only when hiking in the mountains ( can not bring buggy:)), co-sleeping only until it is reasonable and works with our sex life. I also use pampers and a mixture of plastic and wooden toys. I assume I am not a Natural parent? :)
Also, regarding natural remedies - I am using Chinese herbs for myself and my older child but would not risk it with an infant. How do you coop?

ooo Bex, sorry to highjack! But im in Reading too...;) with baby number two and under consultant care (due to C-section), however i wont see the consultant until February, and I got a letter through this week for the date of my 20 week scan, (because of the care).

AND looks like we are days apart!

So if I am pro: breastfeeding, organic home made food but I do :babywearing only when hiking in the mountains ( can not bring buggy:)), co-sleeping only until it is reasonable and works with our sex life. I also use pampers and a mixture of plastic and wooden toys. I assume I am not a Natural parent? :)
Also, regarding natural remedies - I am using Chinese herbs for myself and my older child but would not risk it with an infant. How do you coop?

Thats why i said that everyones definition is different, it varies per family but for us these are the things that we do. Its unrealistic to think that everyone can breastfeed, or co-sleep or cloth bum etc. There is no definition, just a conscious decision to parent more naturally :)

We were quite lucky with my first, she never had any illnesses before a year that couldn't be cured with a little bit of lemon juice and warm water. Lemon is amazing. After a year honey is a lifesaver, we use it for everything. We luckily have a great doctor who will advice us of natural remedies that are safe for her.

ooo Bex, sorry to highjack! But im in Reading too...;) with baby number two and under consultant care (due to C-section), however i wont see the consultant until February, and I got a letter through this week for the date of my 20 week scan, (because of the care).

AND looks like we are days apart!

Ah and our kiddies aren't far away in age! Hiiiii :thumbup:

To be honest I'm not completely sure why i'm under consultant care, there were complications with Indies birth but no-one ever took the time to explain what they were. Hope to find out on Thursday.

Might see you in the hospital :haha:

Hi Ladies,

I'm, a native Readinger too nice to see some other ladies from there on here x, and still work at the RBH.

I'm seriously thinking about having this baby at the Berks as wasn't very impressed with Basingstoke hospital last time. Plus my parents still live in Reading and will be looking after LO while I labour.

Hope it goes well for both of you xx

Are u sure they haven't double booked your 12 week scan? With Amy my 12 wk scan was at 11+2. Why not call to ask tomorrow ? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->