So I had to use a disposable today...

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Totally forgot to bring diapers with me!! :dohh:

So I used a disposable and I have a question. When I got home and changed it (after about 4h) there were giant clear crystals in the diaper??? Has anyone heard of this? Was it the diaper splitting open?

Also - using that diaper today reinforced for me that cloth is soooo much better (and less stinky!!) :thumbup:
xx

I think the crystals are what absorb the wee and normally end up everywhere if overloaded. My son Devon was a heavy wetter, used to have to change him hourly and even then the crystals would be everywhere!
I do agree cloth nappies are alot better and can hold alot more! X

Yep it's the stuff from the inside of the diaper...yuck!

Just another reason why cloth is better than disposables! :thumbup: I had to put Emma in disposables today because she is getting red and I didn't want her to get a full blown rash so I put cream on her with the disposable. I kept having to check her because I thought she pooped. :dohh: Stinky things.

I've had diapers where when unfolded there has been too much adhesive and when they were opened it has torn the liner causing the crystals to leak. I've only had it happen twice in 18 months so pretty good odds as far as I'm concerned but I know others aren't always so lucky.

Yeah it's a gel sort of stuff that expands when wet and sometimes escapes, lol.

Freya is in sposies at the moment as she has sickness and diarrhoea, she isn't weeing enough to make them explode though, lol.

Yeah it's a gel sort of stuff that expands when wet and sometimes escapes, lol.

Freya is in sposies at the moment as she has sickness and diarrhoea, she isn't weeing enough to make them explode though, lol.

is she feeling any better hun ?

sara

xxxxxxxx

WSS as the others about the gel. Its yakky!

hope freyas feeling a little better? :hugs:

She's no better today, still being sick and with the stinkiest runniest poos ever :sick: She hasn't been sick for a few hours now, so I'm hoping she won't be again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->