So I went to the doctors today...

Mummy_Creepy

Reaction score
Back story: I'm on the pill and took a few of my pills late, my period is now over a week late!

So I went to the doctor today and explained my situation, he basically said he wouldn't worry about pregnancy as you can miss your period on the pill. I explained that I've never missed it in the 11 years I've been on the pill, and also some of the other symptoms I've had, and the doctor has recommended I get a blood test to clarify.

I've booked my blood test but the soonest they could book me in is next Thursday, which means another whole week of not knowing!

I honestly don't think I will believe I'm not pregnant until I actually get my period, which is now over a week late! I keep taking tests - all coming back negative, I think I had an evap line on one of them.

In all honestly I'm probably not pregnant, but the hope that I am is still there, and also the fear of complications if I accept that I'm not pregnant and then start back up on my pills or have a drink and *bam* I actually am pregnant.

This whole thing wouldn't bother me so much if a) I didn't really want to be pregnant, b) the timing was good (it's not, I start a new job in a few weeks!)

Vent over! Thanks for reading!

Being in limbo is the hardest! I hope you get an answer soon.

I hope I get an answer soon too!

It's so dissapointing taking repeated negative tests! It would be a relief not to be pregnant because the timing isn't great and we can continue planing TTC for next year, but at the same time I would love to be pregnant and I find myself taking tests apart desperately looking for lines!

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

It's one of those things that it would be nice to know. So you.can adjust to the timing or wait as planned. At least youll.know in a week. Seems like forever I'm sure!

Did you start a new pack or are you waiting on your period to start?

If you are a week late, you can take a home pregnancy test . Most brands marked early/before missed period will be more sensitive then the ones doctors use. If it comes back negative, wait a week and try again,

Have you missed pills before and still had your r period come as scheduled?

Also, if you are actively preventing you may want to discuss using a different contraceptive form with your doctor. Missing a few pills is a great way to wind up pregnant.

I hope that things work out however you want! Definitely update us

I'm waiting for my period to start before starting on a new pack, i have missed pills in the past and still got my period so this is a new situation for me.

I'm convinced now that I'm not pregnant, after 2 more negative tests, I'm still going to go ahead with my blood test through so that I can move forward with the doctor in a "where on earth is my period?!" type of way! :haha:

For now I'm excited to plan for TTC next year, DD is contributing names to the baby name list and deciding which toys to give to the baby, hubby is making a list of his own so he can "remember them" (I think he still has DD's name list from 4 years ago!)

I will update when my period finally arrives!!!

Hm that is odd. I think continuing with the blood test is a good idea. Would your doctor give you something to start your period? Or do you want to wait for it naturally?

That's cute! Love it when younger siblings get excited. Sounds like everyone is super ready for baby #2, what's the reasoning behind waiting the year? Sorry! I'm nosey lol

I'm going to wait for my period to start naturally. The blood test is also to check periods related stuff so I guess any issues will be flagged up in the test.

Im starting a new job next month with a 6 month probation period, plus in the UK to qualify for maternity benefits you need to be employed for x amount of time before babies due date - so we are going to wait until I will qualify :)

That and I'm 20lbs over the weight I was when I got pg with DD1 and that is not good!!!!

The results are in....:bfn:

And no problems period-wise!

I have a smear test in 3 weeks, so for now I am waiting for AF to show up so I can get back on my pill until we are ready to TTC

Glad to hear that things worked out! Hope to see you back here when you are ttc! Best of luck at the new job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->