so im back..

amandah507

Mommy to Aubrielle
Reaction score
maybe some of you will remember me? i was here when ttc our first, i now have a gorgeous 8 month old. but dh and i have been ntnp since she was born. i have only had 3 periods (while not breastfeeding) so here i am. cd 84. my doctor put me on provera a week ago and i just found out that my insulin is a little high so i am also starting metformin. hubby doesnt want me to take the metformin until i see and endocrinologist, because he doesnt believe that metformin should be used for ttc purposes. he thinks we need to get to the root of why my insulin is up first. which, he may be right, but i dont know. im such a mess. i never had these issues before my dd. i was diagnosed with unexplained. i had regular periods. i ovulated on my own, regularly. and now my body is all screwed up :( i seriously had hope that the second time around would be easier! oh well, i just wanted to do an intro!

Metformin is a pretty safe drug. I know they use it when diagnosing PCOS as well. I do not think there are any side effects while ttc with metformin. Is your insulin level high (low sugar) or are your sugar levels high (low insulin)?

Metformin is a diabetic drug that helps with PCOS.

I took it for a while. Quit taking it because I was in a relationship that I did NOT want to get pregnant in. So didn't care if I had AF or if everything stayed screwed up! Of course that is different now.

Best of luck and lots of baby dust!!!

my insulin is just a little high. i tried to explain to him that it is very common for it to be prescribed for fertility and AF issues. but he pretty much doesnt believe me and keeps telling me that im being irresponsible if i decide to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->