SO I'm pretty sure that my water broke... but I don't know

ruaaur

Reaction score
fI called my midwife and she just said to wait and see if contractions start :wacko:

Err, sometimes your water can break and you may not get any contractions for a while. I would just go straight to L&D despite her telling you to wait it out.

GOOD LUCK :)

Agreed my waters went with my first born and I never contracted naturally, I was induced 4 days later. Definitely go and get checked out x

Are you leaking any fluid? If you are check if it has a sweet smell. That's probably amniotic fluid then :)

I would go in!

When my water broke I thought I had peed the bed LOL, cleaned up and laid back down and it happened again so I went to the hospital and thank god I did! I didn't have ANY CONTRACTIONS until RIGHT before I gave birth to my son... once the contractions started everything happened so fast! If I would have waited at home I wouldn't have made it to the hospital <3

like the other ladies have said go to L&D. at least you will know for certain if its your waters.

keep us updated xxx

I would go in - my sister's water broke and then nothing happened...they were worried about infection after 24 hours so they had to help labour along.

Hey ladies , thanks for your advice. My midwife came and did a house call late last night and checked my cervix (barely a cm dilated ) she felt membranes and waters. She also did a swab test to detect amniotic fluid. Apparently it could have been a high leak and it's possible that it has sealed... I never started contractions. Since I'm strep b positive though , we're keeping a really close eye on things. I've also got a bloody show...but I think that has more to do with the cervical exam than things getting started.

Honestly I am feeling a lot of self doubt right now. I felt so sure that I knew she was coming...I knew. I was wrong. I just feel confused...and disappointed...and embarrassed that I raised a false alarm.

I just thought I would be able to read the signs.

Bah and now I'm emotional. Sorry for the rant ladies. I just mean to update.

Having your bloody show is a good sign! My son was born a couple of days after mine, good luck x

Aw, I am sorry you are feeling that way! Don't! She will be here soon :)

Thank you ladies ! Pregnancy is crazy, eh ? It's not the waiting that I find difficult ; it's the unpredictability ! I feel like I'm on Edgar and every new symptom that presents has me wondering if I'm in labour haha

Doing my best to relax and enjoy what's left of pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->