So, is this worth it...?

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Wedding insurance - who's got it? who's getting it? who had it? who's not bothering? And did any get it and need to use it and find it totally worthless?

I'm just about to start the gruelling task of getting quotes for it, but don't even know where to start. The company I've had recommended to me stopped doing weddings as of Aug 31st, so need to find somewhere else :wacko: I just want an insurance that will cover us for lost deposits and/or unforeseen cancellations. Not worried about cover for replaceable things (like rings, dress etc). Argh, I hate shopping for insurance. Hoped I'd never have to do it again once I was given company car insurance :haha:

we havent bothered with insurance!! just be careful from where ur buying from etc. we got chair covers etc from a wedding group on facebook and a few wedding businesses are in that group along with my photographer i got her on facebook but we have mutual friends so thats all good, great discounts etc too!

Weve used all reputable companies so far, but I guess anyone can go out of business without warning. That's what I'm worried about.
Iv had a few quotes. For the sake of £50-100 I think we'll get it, for peace of mind if nothing else :) Just need to get my head around the policy wordings and make sure I am getting what I think I'm getting. Lol

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes it's worth it - for the security 50 quid could buy you, it's definately worth getting

xxx

We havent!!
We were going to then we went ahead and booked the venue before we lost it which meant it wouldnt even be covered! I think if youve booked things already theres no point as i read (i might be wrong) that you have to have the insurance in place before booking!

We havent!!
We were going to then we went ahead and booked the venue before we lost it which meant it wouldnt even be covered! I think if youve booked things already theres no point as i read (i might be wrong) that you have to have the insurance in place before booking!

From what I've seen, that is the case with some insurers. But then most insurers won't let you buy a policy more than two years wore the date, and others have a limit (ie, will only cover up to £1000) on Pre-paid deposits.
If we got it now, even if it didn't cover initial deposits, the most we could "lose" is £950, and that's only if both venues and our photographer stuff us up. Lol! So I'm not too worried about that. But come December we have to pay ££££'s to our reception venue, which I don't fancy losing!

Boofs, who did you use, if you don't mind me asking? x

We had to get it as it was a requirement of the venue. I think it depends on your budget but with the amount we spent on the wedding £50 was definately worth it for how much we would have lost if something had gone wrong xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->