• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So its started!!

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
Hi ladies :cloud9:

My OH proposed to me on my birthday 2 days ago and of course I said yes, im so happy because hes been my first love and we have had ups and downs but always came out on top.

Anyway,

Im due a little princess in September so not even really thought about a wedding yet! Ive said 2016 so both my girls are hopefully out of nappies and are toilet trained.

Shes already said she will be dead and buried by then. No she wont. She also has 4 other grandkids too!!

Sean is from a huge family too (42) and Im from a little family so me and Sean thought anyway to make it fair not to invite cousins to see us get married. I mentioned it to my Nan and she wasnt very happy!

Thing is though, I dont get on with my Aunty (her daughter) so I wouldnt invite them as they have let me down too often aswell as my daughter. So there will be trouble when I say that anyway!

My Mum and Dad havent really asked questioned because its mine and Seans desicion anyway! Dad has only said not to rush in to it and to enjoy this moment bless him.

There is a year difference between me and Sean, were only the same age for a month and Nan is saying we should get married when we are the same age so it looks better on the certificate :wacko::wacko::wacko:

She is already planning the buffet for after the wedding :wacko: who said I want a buffet?

Has anyone got any advice were I can tell her to back off?

Just tell her straight. Honestly, my sister's first bit of advice for me is the same bit of advice I will give to everyone getting married. It's your day, don't let anyone interfere. Put your foot down because even letting someone have a say in little things makes them think they get a say in other things. We've had to tell OH's parents to back off on so many things, even before we were engaged they were trying to plan our wedding for us. Luckily my parents are like yours and just leave us to it. Even my dad who is paying for a lot of it (not that he was asked, he just keeps offering and won't take no for an answer).

Good luck with the planning and HUGE congratulations on your engagement xx

Thank you :)

Nan just happened to be in a bridesmaids shop aswell yesterday!!

Oh yeah that happens to. The thing that annoyed me the most was my MIL when we were booking the DJ, I said that they do Karaoke too and was thinking of getting it and she said "it's tacky to sing at your own wedding", I was like WOAH!! Who said I was singing? I just thought it would lighten up a formal day jeez. And FIL and OH's older (half) sister had a massive falling out a few years back, before me and OH were together. He told us we weren't allowed to invite her to the wedding, which we did and he said fine as long as you keep her away from me which we were planning on doing anyway but now he's saying she's not being in any of the pictures because "she's not family" (his actual words). I told him he needs to grow up that it's our wedding and whilst we weren't planning on having them in the same photograph she will be in our official wedding photographs because she is family.

Bloody hell!!

Seems like a very nasty fall out :nope:

It was actually pretty pathetic. OH's dad is Scottish and had his daughter when he was 17. She wasn't very old when her parents split and he moved here, and her mum remarried a couple of years later. She barely saw FIL growing up, a weekend now and then. Anyway fast forward to when she was getting married she rang FIL to tell him and he said "don't expect me to pay for it, or walk you down the aisle or anything". It upset her but she asked her step dad to walk her down the aisle instead. Anyway FIL threw a fit when he found out despite not actually wanting to walk her down the aisle and they haven't spoken since. He doesn't acknowledge her or his three grandchildren to her as family. This is her's and OH's side of the story and he acts like a child every time her name is mentioned. He told OH, his brother and his cousin that if they went to her wedding he wouldn't speak to them again (OH and his cousin did go and his dad threw a fit but still talks to them).

Anyway, there was never a time she wasn't coming to the wedding, even before I knew her, and now I know her she's so lovely, she wants to meet the kids and I'd like to meet hers so she was definitely invited.

I just keep threatening him with missing another of his kids weddings and he soon shuts up x

Drama!! I remember all that stuff with your auntie, she was being a childish witch if I remember rightly. Anyways! First rule is dont let anyone interfere, you are always going to upset someone with something you do. Stuff them, thisis the one day you are allowed to do whatever you want in any way at all. I've also found it easier not to tell anyone any of our plans, maybe just bits and bobs here and there but not much! Because once you involve the, they feel like they have the right to comment and have a big opinion on every part of your day. Good luck with your planning xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->