So mad at OHs work

Baby Bell

Reaction score
My oh works for a delivery company, in the offices he gets paid about 14000 a year, last year he was offered a 'promotion' to audit other centres. This entails travelling to as far away as Newcastle doing the audit and travelling back to dundee, means getting up at 3 am etc. he would do this every couple of weeks, on top of his normal work load. But for no extra money (hire car used to travel overtime at normal rate if he gets back late). Itsbeen a huge inconvience to use for babysitting extra. I was mad at him at the time for just accepting and not asking:dohh: anyway they promised that the experience would lead to something.
Then about 4months ago oh was told by management that his name had been put forward for a drivers position, because they knew he would be interested. Drivers get about 22000 a year. Anyway he asked if he would have to apply they said they weren't sure that area manager was off sick and they would find out from her, but they wouldn't be interviewing until she came back so they would notify him, if and when he was to apply. At christmas due to busyness he would sometimes go out delivering to help out. Anyway due to sickness and being short staffed he's been out delivering these past 4months probably 3 days out of 5 each week. Then on top of that having to stay late to catch up with his normal job. :cry: all this at his normal rate of pay, even though he's doing the work of a driver he's not getting the pay:growlmad: just to find out the other week that although the area manager off sick, they interviewed drivers and employed people:growlmad: no one had to told him to apply even though they all knew he was interested and doing the job already:growlmad: the reason he never made a fuss was because he thought it would look good for when he had his interview that he was already doing the job. I'm so mad, and I just got a text from him saying he's out driving again today:nope: that's after going in at 6 to do his auditing.

I'm just so angry and needed to rant :growlmad: my poor oh. Thing is he's a gentle soul and wouldn't complain, so they are walking all over him. I told him to refuse to go out driving if they not going to honour their promises, but he's too good a person to do that:cry:

That's awful!!! Tbh I'm actually really shocked at how little he gets paid in general. He does auditing and get paid so much less than the drivers?? I really think he needs to be straight with them, explain the situation from his point of view - how unhappy he is with it etc and ask where he stands. Standing up for himself doesn't mean he has to be a bad person or less helpful to the company but he needs to look after himself and not get walked all over!

I know it's shocking. I keep telling him this, but he just says, that's how it is at the company! :shrug: actually if I'm being completely honest I feel so bad for him, but at that same time so angry with him too, for letting them walk all over him. :growlmad: my dad calls him a gentle giant, because he's 6 ft 4 but never says a mean/nasty or angry word..........trying to have an argument with is impossible because just apologises and agrees with me (really frustrating when you really want to shout :haha:)

Sounds like my OH tbh lol. Just before Christmas he was treated like shit by his employers (cut his pay by £4000 etc) and only in the last couple of months has he started looking for a new job! If your OH won't stand up for himself there maybe this is the perfect time for him to explore other options too. Doesn't hurt to look and go for a couple of interviews!

That's awful. I'm from the same area as yourself that must be so hard on you as well as your oh travelling so far! He defs bees to say something complete piss take

That's awful! His company doesn't appreciate him, and he should look for a other job where they will.

Oh wow, poor soul! I hope things look up for him soon :( X

Thanks everyone. I was in tears a all day thinking about the situation and worrying about him. Anyway when he got home we talked about it. He went driving with a manager (of the warehouse, not the office or drivers) who is his friend, he was the one that broke the news about people all ready being interviewed, but as it not his department had no idea before it happened. Anyway he was helping with delivering too and they talked about the situation, they have decided to have a united front. His friend had not stepped in with all the driving oh been doing cause he thought he was up for the position too. So if anyone suggests oh to go driving they are going state that it's above his pay grade. When the area manager comes back off of sick, oh is going to request a meeting with her to discuss everything that's been going on. I'm so glad that he has comeup with this plan on his own and not me pushing (ok I may have sent a text to him at work, stating how pissed off I was to hear he was going out delivering again). They not going to be rude, just frank :thumbup:

Hope he manages to get something sorted. They are taking the piss out of him :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->