So many questions..... help!!!!!

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! I'm pregnant with number 1 after 3 miscarriages.. I have always wanted a natural midwife birthing center birth!!! I finally got family on board during last pregnancy but when I miscarried, they are now really hesitant but will support me, I think it makes them happier knowing the birth center is connected to the hospital and the midwives all have rights at the hospital!! So I could always transfer for any reason, even though I don't feel that will be necessary!! Anyway my thing is I'm under the care of an obgyn right now... I am going to ask at my appointment on Friday about their birthing options, and if they won't give me what I want, delayed cord cutting, tub options and to be able to move around and not be strapped to the bed then I'm going to transfer to the midwives... so on to my questions... I'm so petite!! I'm 4'10" and 90 lbs (prepreg weight) and people are telling me I won't have a baby naturally, even though my sisters (I have 4) are all around my size and have all had natural vaginal deliveries... my sister that is the same size as me had a 10.3 lb baby girl vaginally and no pain meds and her labor was only 3 hours and 48 minutes from start to finish... she said she attributes her fast labor to moving around and naturally moving baby down and keeping her eye on the goal and not the pain... she will actually be my doula... how do I get people to realize our bodies were made to do this... and in my family not a single woman has had to have medical intervention during labor... also, how do I break it to my ob if I decide to transfer? And when should I transfer? Sooner better than later? I'm so excited about all of this!! It's just so overwhelming!!!

I would say that if you are going to transfer I would discuss it with your doctor and do it sooner than later so you can get to know your MW and really let them get a feel for what you want out of your labor and delivery. I would ask your OB if they think that your physical stature is a problem and if no then I would go with the MW and get the birth that you want. Family can say anything that they want, it is you who will have the baby and remember the experience forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->