So nervous. :x *update :D*

sunlight

Reaction score
I have a come-and-go appointment type thing tomorrow with my dreaded OB. I went on Friday after going to the ER for mild bleeding on Thursday. The ER doctor said my levels were going up nicely (7,489 on 1/19 at 5:30 p.m. and 11,473 on 1/20 at 2:30 p.m. - 21 hours apart), however, my OB said that they don't seem to be going up as fast as she wants them to. She kind of attempted looking for the heartbeat but couldn't find it Friday, and wasn't interested in doing a quant that day (she deemed it "too early" to check again), so she's having me come in tomorrow to recheck my levels.

She's got my nerves going to crap, and while I was feeling a bit better with the support of my boyfriend, best friend, and a few nice people on the forums... the faster tomorrow morning approaches, the more nervous I become! It's also a bit unnerving to me that the results may not come in until Tuesday or Wednesday. I also can't have an ultrasound tomorrow because she didn't want to set up a proper appointment. I need to be released from being on complete pelvic & bed rest, but she's taking her sweet time. Nothing is happening fast enough for me, and I'm as nervous as can be. :wacko:

I feel like all I've done so far on this forum is complain. But I really need to release this somewhere, and no one I know really wants to listen (or if they do, they don't have any good input). :/

Just rest as much as you can. Good luck for tomorrow i hope all goes well for you.

What?! Your levels are fine!!I was actually thinking, wow, they rose fast for 21 hours!! Once your hcg gets to 6,000 it takes more than 96 hours to double! Yours probably would have under 48 hours. Bleeding, super scary. I am pregnant with #3 and I had bleeding at just under 5 wks which Im positive was from sex. Yesterday I suddenly had more brwnish red spotting and nearly had a heart attack(Im 7w3d) because I felt so great about everything and we havent had sex in 2.5 weeks. I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and I saw my baby's heartbeat for the first time at 130 bpm!! Im still nervous and I go back tomorrow to see is all is still well. Praying our baby's are just fine and in about 7.5 months we will hold these healthy babies in our arms!

Yeah, I thought my levels were pretty good, too. I don't know what is going through that woman's mind. Well, I ran in today and had my blood drawn, and the results should be in tomorrow. I've had a bit of light brown bleeding since late last night and it's continued a bit till now. :/ Thankfully no cramping though.

Hopefully everything's okay...

Oh and @ashley2pink - I hope everything is alright with you!

I did get my results back, in fact I just got back from the hospital. I called in to ask them about my levels, and they said they didn't have them in yet, so I told them I needed them in by today so I could be released from bed rest by tomorrow. Sooooo, they sent me to the hospital to have another sonogram to speed up my release.

Here's baby:
IMG_0807.jpg
However, if you notice, at the bottom it says that the baby is measuring at 6w1d (.45cm). So either I'm an entire week behind or the baby's just really small? Anyway, they did see a heartbeat, but the technician didn't want to tell me the heart rate (she said she's told people before and they got all upset just to find out everything was okay) and suggested I talk about it with my OB.

Also, the results came back from my OB on my levels about an hour after I initially called. I'll list my levels thus far.
7,489 on 1/19 @ 5:30 p.m.
11,473 on 1/20 @ 2:30 p.m.
18,??? on 1/24 @ 10:00 a.m.
The woman who told me my levels for Monday was kind of in a hurry, so she just told me it was around 18,000.

Anyway! It seems that everything's okay, but this mixup on weeks thing is confusing me! According to my calculations, I should be 7 weeks as of today. My LMP was December 7, 2010, which would mean I conceived on the 20/21 of that month. I know for a fact that I had sex on the 19th of December. That would put me at about 7 weeks. So how is the baby measuring at 6w1d? :wacko:

EDIT I just checked a few websites, and apparently my levels are extremely consistent with 6w1d. So I guess I'm set back a week. @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->