So, not a blighted ovum, but.......

KiraLeigh

New FTM after LTTTC!! :D
Reaction score
Ok, so as some of you will know from my previous post, I had a scan on Thursday at what would have been 8+2 weeks and all they could see was a sac and yolk. It was a private scan, and was done abdominally.

Today I had my appointment at the EPAS and they did a transvaginal scan. This is what they found

Gestational Sac measuring 30mm x 29mm x 29mm
Appearance of Sac - Regular
Yolk Sac - Seen
No fetal heart activity
Fetal pole - seen
Hyperechogenic ring - Not seen

Crown to Rump - 3mm

So, the above rules out a blighted ovum, but at 3mm the pregnancy is no where near my dates.

Given the fact I got a positive test on what I believe to have been 13dpo my dates are correct.

It is possible I could have ovulated later than I thought but at the most I would say I am only a week out, purely because of when I got a positive test.

I have been told to go back in 2 weeks for another scan but I have pretty much resolved myself to the fact that this is a MMC :(

I'm so sorry honey. That's awful news. There is still time fir a miracle but having been on that scan table being asked 'if I'm sure of my dates' I know how it feels. 2 weeks is an awfully long time to wait though, I'd ask to be seen in a week if I were you. Say you're bleeding or something. So sorry xx

I'm so sorry. Yes if you were testing everyday after ovulation it's safe to say you were close to 13 dpo like you think. I though maybe if you weren't testing everyday there was a chance you tested positive much later than you thought. I will hope for a positive next scan...you never know hun.:hugs:

From a MD site:

Normal appearance of gestational sac is a fluid collection (transonic area represented by chorionic fluid) surrounded by a hyperechogenic ring (determined by chorionic villi under development).

I am so sorry! I have had early scans that show no ring, and lost them all. It is so hard to deal with :cry:

I've seen people come through this. I would expect the worst but hope for the best, in this situation. I really, really hope for the best for you. :hugs: So sorry you're going through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->