So onto another month as the witch got me, now need advise

Bex ttc1

Reaction score
Hi
So AF has just arrived after another tww where I was symptom spotting and yet again sure I was pregnant (was sure I had IB too which leaves me confused)

Me and hubby have been ttc only for 2 months,(not a long time I know) but we are both so excited to get pregnant Asap.

So what I now need help on is which ovulation kits to buy,how many sticks do I need to start with and when do I start?

I'd really appreciate any help.

Bex

I have no advice for you, since I'm in completely the same boat! We're just about to start trying in cycle 3. I bought the Clear Blue Digital OPKs (they had the best reviews on Amazon). There should be enough in the pack for 2-3 cycles I think. I've been reading up on... well.. EVERYTHING, and it sounds like a woman's LP (luteal phase) doesn't change, it's the date of ovulation that might vary in a particular cycle. So I decided that the OPKs will help me understand at what point in my cycle I O, so that I can better predict it in the future, without OPKs. I also read that some women take a while after stopping BCP to ovulate again at all, so I wanted some reassurance that everything is operating as it should be.

BUT. I'm also trying the SMEP method out this cycle. So the OPKs are for research, and the SMEP is to get this done!

I'll be interested to hear what more experienced TTCers have to say!

I think this depends on a couple of things:

Are you regular? If not, you might need to test more often, and using cheaper opks might work better if you need to buy a lot. Also, some women have very short LH surges, and if you don't test twice a day, you could miss seeing it on the opk... so a lot of women test twice a day (afternoon and evening).

Have you considered charting? Taking your bbt every morning is a really great way to understand when you ovulate, which is really the key to conceiving.

If you are generally regular, have normal cycles, and no health issues that could be affecting your fertility, you might only need to use a few opks for a couple of months to figure out when, exactly, you ovulate, and that should help you narrow down your fertile window to give you the best odds at getting pregnant.

I personally use cheap opks (Wondfo) that I buy from Amazon because I tend to need to use a lot each month, as I have very long cycles, with no predictable patterns. They work well (I'm able to see a positive opk at some point in my cycle) and they aren't super expensive so I can start testing around CD10 or so, just in case I ovulate early, and continue to test until I get + and can confirm ovulation with my bbt. Good luck!

I'm now in my 2nd cycle ttc. I bought clinical guard opk online and I have had no issues with them and they are very easy to use. I bought a lot because I wanted to be prepared if it took several months.

I have no advice for you, since I'm in completely the same boat! We're just about to start trying in cycle 3. I bought the Clear Blue Digital OPKs (they had the best reviews on Amazon). There should be enough in the pack for 2-3 cycles I think. I've been reading up on... well.. EVERYTHING, and it sounds like a woman's LP (luteal phase) doesn't change, it's the date of ovulation that might vary in a particular cycle. So I decided that the OPKs will help me understand at what point in my cycle I O, so that I can better predict it in the future, without OPKs. I also read that some women take a while after stopping BCP to ovulate again at all, so I wanted some reassurance that everything is operating as it should be.

BUT. I'm also trying the SMEP method out this cycle. So the OPKs are for research, and the SMEP is to get this done!

I'll be interested to hear what more experienced TTCers have to say!

Thankyou for your reply. I have this morningordered some clearblue digital ovulation test with ten included .
I stopped taking BC November 2014 and since then have had pretty regular cycles between 27&29 days. At least once these tests arrive I can confirm if and when I am actually obvulating.

Sending baby dust

I think this depends on a couple of things:

Are you regular? If not, you might need to test more often, and using cheaper opks might work better if you need to buy a lot. Also, some women have very short LH surges, and if you don't test twice a day, you could miss seeing it on the opk... so a lot of women test twice a day (afternoon and evening).

Have you considered charting? Taking your bbt every morning is a really great way to understand when you ovulate, which is really the key to conceiving.

If you are generally regular, have normal cycles, and no health issues that could be affecting your fertility, you might only need to use a few opks for a couple of months to figure out when, exactly, you ovulate, and that should help you narrow down your fertile window to give you the best odds at getting pregnant.

I personally use cheap opks (Wondfo) that I buy from Amazon because I tend to need to use a lot each month, as I have very long cycles, with no predictable patterns. They work well (I'm able to see a positive opk at some point in my cycle) and they aren't super expensive so I can start testing around CD10 or so, just in case I ovulate early, and continue to test until I get + and can confirm ovulation with my bbt. Good luck!

Hi, thankyou for your reply.

yes I'm pretty regular cycles since November between 27& 29 days . I've ordered some opks this morning clear blue digital. Just 10 for the time being. So I should start using them cd 10? With day one being yesterday as first day of Af?

Not so sure on temping just yet as I do wake at differnt times in the morning especially at the weekend and I know you have to do the same time each day.

I'll try these tests for a couple of months and see how I get on from there. Thanks again for your advise. Bex

yes I'm pretty regular cycles since November between 27& 29 days . I've ordered some opks this morning clear blue digital. Just 10 for the time being. So I should start using them cd 10? With day one being yesterday as first day of Af?

Not so sure on temping just yet as I do wake at differnt times in the morning especially at the weekend and I know you have to do the same time each day.

I'll try these tests for a couple of months and see how I get on from there. Thanks again for your advise. Bex

Starting on CD10 is a good bet (and yes, yesterday is CD1 as first day of AF :) ). See how it goes. I think you'll probably be just find using the opks. Temping is good if you have wonky cycles, so as long as you get that +opk, you should have a good start. You can always think about temping if you can't figure out ovulation with just opk. But I think you'll be fine! Good luck!

Starting on CD10 is a good bet (and yes, yesterday is CD1 as first day of AF :) ). See how it goes. I think you'll probably be just find using the opks. Temping is good if you have wonky cycles, so as long as you get that +opk, you should have a good start. You can always think about temping if you can't figure out ovulation with just opk. But I think you'll be fine! Good luck!

Thankyou :)

Hi
So AF has just arrived after another tww where I was symptom spotting and yet again sure I was pregnant (was sure I had IB too which leaves me confused)

Me and hubby have been ttc only for 2 months,(not a long time I know) but we are both so excited to get pregnant Asap.

So what I now need help on is which ovulation kits to buy,how many sticks do I need to start with and when do I start?

Bex

So apparently you and I are the same person lol. Definitely thought I was pregnant after cycle 1 and all the stupid symptom spotting. NEVER AGAIN lol I swear I won't this time! This is our 2nd month TTC! Let's be friends. Ha 😭

Oh and I use wond fo opks from Amazon! I prefer the tests with the lines instead of digitals bc you can see the progression.

i used Wondfo OPKs and HPTs too. i buy them on amazon.
you can get a huge pack :shhh: and test to your heart's content!:blush:

Hi

Bex

So apparently you and I are the same person lol. Definitely thought I was pregnant after cycle 1 and all the stupid symptom spotting. NEVER AGAIN lol I swear I won't this time! This is our 2nd month TTC! Let's be friends. Ha 😭

Lol glad to hear I'm not the only person who convinces them selfs that their pregnant.
Hopefully March is our month. :)

Now I've got opks I will start using from cd10 and hopefully this works

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"