SO out of town weekend of baby shower

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I have changed my date so many times and finally settled on 5/20. But I just found out SO leaves for a two weeks motorcycle run that weekend. My mom said it's a traditional women only shower but she wanted him to pick me up/help me get gifts home. I don't know if it's worth rescheduling again just because he is out of town. What would you ladies do?

Do it without him. I'm sure someone can help with presents.

I would just do it without him. I'm sure someone else can help you with the gifts if you are unable to load them into the car yourself.

Ty ladies. He doesn't care either way. I think he feels a little bad, but he's a prospect and he can't patch in until he goes and visits another chapter and this is the only trip left before the baby is due. So we both agree he needs to go. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy for not wanting to change my date... again... hahaha

The shower will be full of people who want to help I wouldn't worry.

Just out of interest what is a prospect?

If he wasn't going to be included in the actual shower anyway, I'd keep the date as is. There will be lots of friends to help you out. :)

He's joining a motorcycle club, and a prospect just means prospective member. Kind of like probation. He has to meet certain requirement (go on so many rides, be a prospect for so many months...). This club is national so one requirement is to travel with the club to visit an out of state chapter in order to become a full "patched" member. After all that the club votes him either in, to keep prospecting, or to just go.

I would do it without him. Lots of people will offer to help. Plus enjoy a day all about you and baby :happydance:

Agree with everyone else, just go ahead and do it. Especially if he's not even supposed to attend the shower. There will be other people who will be happy to give a hand :)

I would just do it all without him Dobby, it's usually a woman thing anyway and I am sure people will step in to do the things your mum wanted him to do. I am on baby #4 and never had a shower, maybe because this is the UK and they are a pretty new thing over here. Have a great time!!

Thanks ladies! I'm excited it gives me something to micromanage hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->