So quiet!

cookielucylou

Reaction score
It seems so quiet in here this year, previous years I've been able to sit for hours reading posts. Is it still too early for most?

I was thinking that too. I winder if it will pick up in next few weeks

I've noticed it's really quiet this year :(

Also noticed - I don't think it's too early, I always remember there being a buzz usually around September with people wanting the grotto open. xx

It is definitely more quiet. But I've noticed the whole BnB site is so much more quieter in general these days - all the forums are quiet. That's probably why.

The bargain thread last year had 1,829 posts but in 2014 it was a staggering 12,694!!! I think that's a sign people just don't post or visit as much any more. This year it's only 350-odd, which seems low for it being just a month before xmas. I wonder where all the posters have gone?

i think alot more people are having to squeeze their budget tighter this year i know thats why i havn't buzzed over the bargain thread as i just don't have money to buy much. Others maybe kids grown up, i only come on here for the grotto because i don't really need child advice so possibly just moved on. There are lots of christmas groups on fb too which i guess is easier to access. I dunno, doesn't have the same buzz about it this year, last year was quite quiet here too.

I think it's just BnB in general that's quiet. I'm back in baby club with my second and there are hardly any new threads compared to when I posted with my son. There used to be so much drama as well but it's all gone!!

I think it's just BnB in general that's quiet. I'm back in baby club with my second and there are hardly any new threads compared to when I posted with my son. There used to be so much drama as well but it's all gone!!

You're so right, baby club was a hive of activity 4 years ago! There were always debates and controversial threads and it was just so busy over there. I've not been on that particular forum for obvious reasons, but I will be in the near future.

I guess people use facebook a lot more these days. The few facebook groups I am part of (nothing to do with here) are very busy and there are always questions, debates and general chatter.

I've noticed that too! There's loads of posters that usually come alive during this time that I haven't seen posting this year.

The forum is quite quiet though compared to other years, I guess people's children grown up and maybe they forget about here!

It'll get busier once it gets into December. I have not been around too much my self! Seems like a bit of a off year this year!

I've noticed as well. I think quite a few of us aren't really feeling it this year. I know I used to spend so much time in here and this year I've just popped in and out when I've been a bit bored. I'm sure once the buzz hits again people will be more active.
I also think with there being so many Facebook groups for everything now forum's are kind of falling away. I've seen two forum's completely shut down and just become Facebook groups over the last couple of years

It is rather quiet... hoping we all get our Christmas spirit soon!

I am getting frustrated now! I want to get in my Christmas spirit but we have so much to do and I'm stressing out.
DH is working away and I was going to carry on painting our lounge whilst the girls were at nursery tomorrow morning but...he put all the paint in the loft! Argh, so now I have to wait until Friday and they'll both be at home with me....not gonna happen!
My living room is a mess, I want my tree down but can't with a half decorated room!
I've got washing up to the ceiling, plus I work from home and have work to do for the girls nursery. I want to clean my kitchen and curtains etc but finding time with no children is driving me insane!
Why do we set such high expectations for Christmas!

I agree, definitely much quieter than the past few years. I think some of the posters definitely hit the nail on the head with the FB thing, though. I bet a lot of people are getting much more active in FB groups that may be more local to them, and then they just lose interest in forums because everything is right on FB. I know a few of the mommy FB groups I'm in are VERY active discussion/sharing/buying/selling groups.

I'm on some fb groups but I prefer here as I find I miss a lot on the groups and it's hard to go back to posts you might want to look at another day.

It'll definitely get busier soon- after all in 3 days time it will only be a month to the big day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->