So relieved! Happy first scan!

cowlicks

Reaction score
Just had my first scan last weekend, when I was 9w (accoring to LMP). I was kind of worried when she put the wand on my tummy and I didn't see/ hear the beanie right away, but we found it very quickly. It was 2.4cm, which my doc said actually puts it at 9w1d, with a heartbeat of 175. I saw it moving its teeny "arms", but H said it was just because I was moving my tummy (I was laughing when I heard the heartbeat so we had to shut me up and listen to it again). Anyway, it was a huuuuge relief for me!

On a side note, the 9w1d puts my expected due date to 25 Mar 2016, which is my furbaby (cat) Matthew's 5th birthday! Not actual birthday because we got him from the streets, but we got him on 25 May and the vet said he was about 2 months old. I know there's a slim chance baby would be coming on the actual date, but it seems like a lovely coincidence!

Ah bless! That's lovely news! My furbaby is one on 25th November....my birthday is 26th November and baby is due 6th December. Fun times!

Congratulations!!! That first scan really is the best! :)

Congratulations on your scan. Glad it all went OK. Interestingly enough my edd is 25th of march but I'm apparently 9w 5 days. Don't have my dating scan for a few weeks yet (had a scan at 7w 2 days due to bleed) so perhaps it will change again. Haha. :hugs:

Do our due dates keep changing? Cos I read that in the beginning all fetuses progress in the same way, so it's quite an accurate way to date conception, but later on each baby grows at a slightly different rate so due dates may change as our pregnancy is progressing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->