So sad, school's back tomorrow

Rags

Mother of 1 boy
Reaction score
I can't believe how quickly the summer holidays have passed! I woke this morning feeling really sad that tonight's a school night, my friends in Ireland have another fortnight - I have to admit to a little jealousy. Ds is gutted he's swapping his crocks for shoes again.
A very happy first day back to everyone - weather you want it or not.

We have two days left including today. :( My eldest has additional needs and I cannot wait to get him back into his routine but my youngest starts school and I realised that I will have no time for our weekday lunches out or whatever and it's sad that they will both be gone most of the day. :(

Here in Wales the kiddies are not back until the 1st week of September:) it's been lovely having them off, PJ mornings and no up early for school runs! *yawns*

Aww I always feel sad at the end of the school holidays too. Mine isn't going back for another two weeks but I'm not looking forward to it much.

Mine go back in two weeks! I think it’s time they went back! They miss Routine, their friends and school in general ! I always hate the first few weeks back and adjusting to a new class, teacher and Home work !

I am not looking forward to the school run and when they go back marks the winter coming for us ! I will miss them of a day but DD2 is only in half day and DS will be with me . The day goes super quick anyway

I will be heavily pregnant doing the school run now when they go back, I just hope the snow and ice holds off until after November, I can't be digging my car out while pregnant or slipping on the ice like I usually do!

I hate that i make so many plans pre-holidays and then it's over with in a flash and you've not done hardly anything we've not been anywhere! We normally go to a zoo or a theme park or somewhere which you wouldn't go every day, and we've done none of that!

My niece is quite happy to go back, she's in secondary now and we don't really live near her friends so it's a big part of her social life. Ds is in p5, he's a really good student, very academic, but he'd happily be home schooled, he goes reluctantly.
Hlx, like you I make lots of plans before they stop and then discover a few weeks in that we've hardly done anything - we did have some nice days out and fun with friends I JUST WANT MORE!!

My niece is quite happy to go back, she's in secondary now and we don't really live near her friends so it's a big part of her social life. Ds is in p5, he's a really good student, very academic, but he'd happily be home schooled, he goes reluctantly.
Hlx, like you I make lots of plans before they stop and then discover a few weeks in that we've hardly done anything - we did have some nice days out and fun with friends I JUST WANT MORE!!

Hahaha yes! Definitely need more days! Last full week next week so we are going swimming, and going to just cram as many parks and fun things to do in each day next week as my maternity leave starts on Monday so I'm completely free to have fun! Well as much fun as my body will allow at the moment lol

Hahaha yes! Definitely need more days! Last full week next week so we are going swimming, and going to just cram as many parks and fun things to do in each day next week as my maternity leave starts on Monday so I'm completely free to have fun! Well as much fun as my body will allow at the moment lol

Sounds like you're going to have a busy week - that's one way to start your mat leave! Enjoy yourselves, and best wishes for a speedy painless delivery and a long and pleasant maternity leave. Xx

Mine went back last week. It always goes too fast and at the end I feel like I didn't do as many things as I'd planned at the start.
I miss the quality time that seems harder to achieve during school days.

Mine went back last week. It always goes too fast and at the end I feel like I didn't do as many things as I'd planned at the start.
I miss the quality time that seems harder to achieve during school days.

You've hit the nail on the head, it's the quality time, we don't need to be doing anything in particular but just having time with each other to chat and laugh. By the time he's home from school, dinners done and everything cleared up it's time to start supper and do the bed time stuff... between the end of Sept to April I work a lot of weekends so I really hold out for the school holidays!

You've hit the nail on the head, it's the quality time, we don't need to be doing anything in particular but just having time with each other to chat and laugh. By the time he's home from school, dinners done and everything cleared up it's time to start supper and do the bed time stuff... between the end of Sept to April I work a lot of weekends so I really hold out for the school holidays!

Totally agree !
DD1 doesn’t get home from school some days until 4.30 as she does after school club ! I may only put her down for one this term as she does dancing one night too. Mine are already on about Halloween , bonfire night and Christmas !

Yep. We are kept incredibly busy by various athletic and fine art practices, concerts, and games. I love slowing down and just sharing in each other's company

I’m sad too! I’m in N. Ireland and they start back in 3 days. We make a list of what we want to do over our summer holidays and we have actually achieved most of them!! Ie beach days, cinema days, local parks, zoo, family farm, swimming pool, family holiday, ten pin bowling, mini golf etc, days spent with family, play dates with school friends, we have done all this and more! But I think because our summers are so great it makes it even harder to go back to school I am a stay at home mum so we have the whole summer to do what we want and we LOVE it, me as much as them!! I get SO sad at the the end of the hols but try to be upbeat for them, ie start of new school year, seeing friends, new opportunities, etc, but in reality I am genuinely devastated that another summer is over, my babies are another year older, and the early mornings start again Does anyone else feel as strongly as I do?!

^ I'm the same.
Early mornings don't bother me too much but I'm always sad another year has gone.

I’m sad too! I’m in N. Ireland and they start back in 3 days. We make a list of what we want to do over our summer holidays and we have actually achieved most of them!! Ie beach days, cinema days, local parks, zoo, family farm, swimming pool, family holiday, ten pin bowling, mini golf etc, days spent with family, play dates with school friends, we have done all this and more! But I think because our summers are so great it makes it even harder to go back to school I am a stay at home mum so we have the whole summer to do what we want and we LOVE it, me as much as them!! I get SO sad at the the end of the hols but try to be upbeat for them, ie start of new school year, seeing friends, new opportunities, etc, but in reality I am genuinely devastated that another summer is over, my babies are another year older, and the early mornings start again Does anyone else feel as strongly as I do?!

I'm so with you, I'm lucky enough to have a friend who thinks the same as me so when others are going on about how wonderful it is that they're going back she and I can make eye contact and make disapproving faces to each other. Another year older is really highlighted too when we arrive at the school gate and the new P1's are there, all tiny and pristine in their new uniforms. I'd thought I'd nip out and pick up Ds's uniform without him this year - buy 1 size up, not a problem... had to take his jumpers back for the even bigger size and get the age 10-11 in everything even though he's 9 (not being around other 9 year olds over the summer I'd not realised how much he'd stretched!)

Hope they're first day back goes smoothly.

Sounds like you're going to have a busy week - that's one way to start your mat leave! Enjoy yourselves, and best wishes for a speedy painless delivery and a long and pleasant maternity leave. Xx

Aww thank you so much hun that means a lot! One more full day until school is back in business! I've spent the day washing new uniforms and getting stuff ready, I feel sad the lie ins are no more hahaha x

We’ve had such a lovely summer this year. I love the sense of freedom and not worrying what time it is for school run. I also love how relaxed we can be in each other’s company and all the places we've had time to visit.

My son goes back to school on Thursday and into year 6. Can’t quite believe it’s his last year of primary! Roll on Christmas holidays :haha:

xx

We’ve had such a lovely summer this year. I love the sense of freedom and not worrying what time it is for school run. I also love how relaxed we can be in each other’s company and all the places we've had time to visit.

My son goes back to school on Thursday and into year 6. Can’t quite believe it’s his last year of primary! Roll on Christmas holidays :haha:

xx

I agree with this! I think I've developed more grey hair since both of mine are at school, all I do in the mornings is shout and stress about the time, where going to be late, brush your teeth quick we have 5 minutes! All that... when I don't even have the energy to shout anymore haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->