So scared about miscarriage

fafa girl

Reaction score
This is my 2nd pregnancy... I've got a healthy 16m son and I didn't once think or feel like I would miscarriage during that pregnancy... I was so relaxed I don't think it even crossed my mind it could happen. I was never nervous for the scans etc.

However just before I found out I was pregnant (I'm 11 weeks now) my best friend had a miscarriage at 15 weeks and it has really thrown me. She is still hurting a lot and so I don't feel I can really talk to her about it but I'm constantly worried I'm going to miscarry. I've not had any scans yet and go on Wednesday for my dating scan... And I'm
So petrified they are going to tell me there's no heartbeat- I never felt like this the last time.

Just wondered if others had the same stress I do and are maybe affected by other people's stories too? Google is not my friend at the moment!!

So sorry about your friend.
I'm also pregnant with my second (about 5 weeks) and am terrified of miscarriage. It all feels so different this time. I'm also going on holiday tomorrow (it's been booked for months) and my friend miscarried on holiday so that's sticking in my mind. It doesn't help that I keep googling every little thing and it's all doom.
I wish I could tell you there was a way to feel more positive but I haven't figured it out for myself yet.
All the best for your scan!

Hi

I just found out I am pregnant about 5 days ago, got a BFP at 10 dpo.
But i am terrified of miscarriage too, i previously had a mmc at about 7 weeks.

The scariest thing is my symptoms are same as my last pregnancy, i have a lot of cramping and back pain, i feel like i am going to bleed.

But i keep telling myself to think positive...

Sorry you ladies are struggling right now. Having experience with multiple miscarriages I have learned to embrace the pregnancy in the moment and to be grateful for every moment that baby chooses to be with me.
If you have no reason to suspect you are miscarrying try to release the fear. Writing down your fears either in a journal or on a piece of paper and putting it in a little box releases the fear and gives your brain/body a break. Meditating is also a great way to release the stress and embrace the gift you have been given.
I hope you ladies can enjoy your Mother's Day and feel some peace.

I agree with readynwaiting. It really is best to live in the moment and take each day at a time. No one has control over what lies ahead and you don't want to let fear of something that's unlikely to happen ruin your pregnancy for you. Maybe I think differently as I have more children in heaven than on earth but I refuse to let fear of a maybe totally spoil this experiance for me or my family. At this moment in time my baby is here with me and I'm extremely grateful and I won't waste a second of that time wondering what could happen tomorrow. Congrats on your pregnancy :) try and relax your mind and enjoy mothers day

It's a really difficult one, I'm 21 weeks and still worried, but I keep telling my tell tat every day is a day closer to hiding y baby. Worrying won't change the outcome but it's easier said than done.
Once I reached 7 weeks I was able to hear bay on te Doppler and that bught some reassurance

Thank you so much for the replies. It's reassuring to know others feel the same. I appreciate the advice... I know I needed try to think positively especially when there are no signs... Irrational fear is the worst!

I understand your fear. With my 1st, I was blissfully innocent and never worried about it. I had a m/c when ttc my #2 - when I became pregnant again after that I was really fearful of it happening again. Having a m/c or even hearing about it can really make it difficult to relax. But at 11 weeks your risk of m/c is quite low. There's a helpful chart somewhere online about the risk of m/c by week. Maybe try googling it?

I was just thinking this! Do i can completely relate. My frist pregnancy it never ever occured to me (even when i had bleeding i just knew it would be fine ) this time round I find myself constantly worrying about it.

I hope you get peace of mind soon. Im sure your scan will help

STOP GOOGLING!

I think we all have some level of fear until that beautiful baby is in our arms. I think thats pretty reasonable and natural.

I had a miscarriage prior to having my DD and I just have to turn off bad feelings and thoughts about a second miscarriage with this pregnancy. Its just a waste to put energy into thinking negative.

If I do miscarriage it will be awful, however, it won't stop me from trying again.

This is my 2nd pregnancy... I've got a healthy 16m son and I didn't once think or feel like I would miscarriage during that pregnancy... I was so relaxed I don't think it even crossed my mind it could happen. I was never nervous for the scans etc.

However just before I found out I was pregnant (I'm 11 weeks now) my best friend had a miscarriage at 15 weeks and it has really thrown me. She is still hurting a lot and so I don't feel I can really talk to her about it but I'm constantly worried I'm going to miscarry. I've not had any scans yet and go on Wednesday for my dating scan... And I'm
So petrified they are going to tell me there's no heartbeat- I never felt like this the last time.

Just wondered if others had the same stress I do and are maybe affected by other people's stories too? Google is not my friend at the moment!!

Google is not your friend. When I went to the emergency room the doctor told me to stop Googling. and I can feel your pain. I am terrified of having a miscarriage. This is my very first pregnancy so I'm so scared that it's going to end in Miscarriage that I feel I may be stressing myself out.

I would say the best thing would be to just try to think healthy and positive thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->