So scared of induction :(

PrincessKay

Reaction score
Baby is due on Wednesday and i just dont think shes coming :shrug:

I have a planned homebirth but obviously once i reach 41+6 will be induced, im so scared of being induced its everything i didnt want (hospital, stuck on a bed etc) i know i can refuse induction but i wouldnt do this nor would OH be happy about me refusing, i know she has to get here safely and thats the main thing.

I suppose with my due date approaching and no major signs of labour i just dont think she will come in time. Everything is ready for her, pool is up, homebirth equipment has been delivered from midwives etc i just hope she comes before induction.

Sorry i know that was a bit pointless but i really want to be at home.

Do they really induce at 42 weeks? I had no idea!

I'm so sorry you're feeling this pressure! I want to avoid induction also!! :hugs:

Are you doing things to try and get it going? Sometimes the pressure you're feeling is the exact reason that labour hasn't started. I know thats not super helpful. Maybe do some things to distract yourself. Day at the spa? Out for dinner?

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful! :huh:

It's not all that bad. I ended up induced after planning a birth center birth. They used cervadil, cytotec, and the seaweed rods on me. I didn't know I was in active labor and surprised everyone by going from 2cm to delivery in about 2 hours (after 4 days of being induced, but no pain and highly relaxed with hospital room service ;) ). I would have likely delivered her into the toilet if I hadn't decided to have a check and found the sack in there. The nurses barely made it in the room, so they didn't have time to break the bed down.

I was induced! It failed. I had a csection after the clock ran out at 24 hours. Did you know you can ask for a biophysical feedback profile and non-stress tests instead? That'll tell you how the baby is doing and if it's safe to continue. Also, look up your bishop score to see your chance at a successful induction. A lot of people really complain about the pain... I didn't think it was unmanageable. What was hard was being stuck in bed hooked up to machines :(

And no worries! Baby will be here sooner than you think!

Thanks girls, I know I have to stay relaxed but I'm just scared. I went to a spa day last week and I'm going out for a meal on Friday if baby still hasn't arrived. I looked up the Bishop Score but I don't know any of those things as I haven't had an internal, I will ask her at my next appointment which is next week but hopefully we will have a baby by then!

You don't HAVE to be induced. It's your choice. You have to agree to being induced. It's not compulsory. The more you believe its not going to happen the further away from it you become. Forget about inductions etc, no one has ever been pregnant forever. This baby will come. Trust.

That's so true Merv's Mum! I didn't even think about that! I hate that doctors can sometimes bully mum's into inducing. :nope:

please don't be scared.

i was induced (by pessary) at 42 weeks and i had a very easy labour and delivery. The contractions started very gradually and naturally and built up over just a few hours, i did not need the drip method. Baby was born within 12 hours of the contractions starting and actually within 5 hours of active labour.

i didnt have any pain killers until i was 8cm and then i had gas and air to push him out.

it was fine and not painful, it was amazing! good luck!

please don't be scared.

i was induced (by pessary) at 42 weeks and i had a very easy labour and delivery. The contractions started very gradually and naturally and built up over just a few hours, i did not need the drip method. Baby was born within 12 hours of the contractions starting and actually within 5 hours of active labour.

i didnt have any pain killers until i was 8cm and then i had gas and air to push him out.

it was fine and not painful, it was amazing! good luck!

Thank you, i think im more scared of being in hospital. I have everything set up at home and it would just break my heart having to leave it all to go to hospital. I'll keep this thread updated if theres any progress :thumbup:

i know i can refuse induction but i wouldnt do this nor would OH be happy about me refusing, i know she has to get here safely and thats the main thing.

Let me a couple of things straight:
1 - Waiting (rather than induction) is NOT automatically an unreasonable risk.

2 - There IS no risk-free way to birth. There are risks with waiting out a long pregnancy, that is true. There are ALSO risks with induction. We are more "familiar" with the induction path, but it doesn't make it less risky. It's like how some people are terrified of getting on a plane, but happily jump in their car and drive to the shops. Guess which one is actually more "dangerous"? But getting in the car FEELS so familiar, it is so ubiquitous...
3 - It is 100% up to YOU what risk is acceptable to take!

When you get to 41+6 you get request that the hosp monitor you, LO and placenta to check everything is working OK. Have a looksee at the NICE guidelines: https://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/12012/41256/41256.pdf (scroll down to pg 11, para 1.2.1.3 & 1.2.1.4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->