So scared

HadenMama

Reaction score
Went for my third appointment in 3 weeks, also third US.

First appointment they told me that my dates are wrong. My LMP was December 28 so I should have been 8w2d but the scan showed a yolk sac and the smallest fetal pole, no HB, and they said I'm measuring about 5 weeks. Second scan showed fetal pole, HB of 96 which they told me was low, and a second yolk sac behind the first. I was ecstatic to see the heartbeat. They dated me at 5w5d. Doc put me on progesterone because my blood tests showed I was half a point low and I'm high risk because I've had 2 previous miscarriages. Third scan showed that the baby only grew one day over the week and had the same heart rate. Doc told me to prepare for miscarriage.

If it happens this will be my third. I'm so scared, I should be 10w but only measuring about 6. I could have ovulated later, I am 35 and I've read that the older you get the later you tend to ovulate. It could have implanted later, so there could possibly be 2 weeks of discretion.

I'm looking at the positives here: heartbeat, slight growth, the HUGE fact that I've had zero miscarriage symptoms. No cramping, no back pain, no bleeding not even spotting or brown discharge. I'm wanting my rainbow baby but I'm terrified how this might end up. We've been trying for over 10 years and have been heartbroken twice.

I don't have any experience but I wanted to send hugs and say I'll be thinking about you. I hope it works out and you get your beautiful rainbow baby.
It also seems like a really good thing you're not having symptoms.

Thoughts and prayers.

There is definitely something to ovulating later when you are 'advanced' maternal age (I'm 39). I thought I was safe having unprotected sex 4 days after my predicted ovulation date. Nope. I think I may have had a double release because I had the right mucus on the predicted date. Oh well. DH and I were going to start TTC for #2 next month.

So hold onto to hope.

I thought I was the same as you. I went in to the ER at what I thought was 7 weeks pregnant for some spotting. Turns out I was only 5 weeks exactly and they could not find a HB. Fast forward 3 weeks, and there is a happy healthy baby growing inside me! I knew I had my period before January 4th, so I must have ovulated late.

As for the HB, from everything I have read HB's start out slow (maybe around 84?) and progressively get stronger. It could just be the very start of your baby's heart actually beating.

So did I read your post correctly; You have two sacs? Is it twins?????

They won't confirm twins yet, but there's definitely 2 yolk sacs. If both do survive they'll be identical momo or modi twins, so boy boy or girl girl, since they're both in the same gestational sac. I'm sitting on pins and needles until my next appointment on Thursday. I feel fine, still have no signs of miscarriage, so only time will tell if these little ones are going to stick around until October.

Having no signs of a MC is great. From what I know, a MMC only happens in 1% of miscarriages.
I hope its twins! They are just so adorable.

I don't have any experience in this either Hun but just wanted to say I hope everything is ok and will keep following, it's a very good sign that you have no bleeding or cramps and that a heartbeat has developed in between scans xx

Good luck, hun. I had 3 miscarriages and had given up on pregnancy (I was over 40 by this time) when I got pregnant and had my daughter. Miscarriage, especially multiple miscarriages, take such an emotional toll. I wish you all the best and hope this all works out for you.

Went for my third appointment in 3 weeks, also third US.

First appointment they told me that my dates are wrong. My LMP was December 28 so I should have been 8w2d but the scan showed a yolk sac and the smallest fetal pole, no HB, and they said I'm measuring about 5 weeks. Second scan showed fetal pole, HB of 96 which they told me was low, and a second yolk sac behind the first. I was ecstatic to see the heartbeat. They dated me at 5w5d. Doc put me on progesterone because my blood tests showed I was half a point low and I'm high risk because I've had 2 previous miscarriages. Third scan showed that the baby only grew one day over the week and had the same heart rate. Doc told me to prepare for miscarriage.

If it happens this will be my third. I'm so scared, I should be 10w but only measuring about 6. I could have ovulated later, I am 35 and I've read that the older you get the later you tend to ovulate. It could have implanted later, so there could possibly be 2 weeks of discretion.

I'm looking at the positives here: heartbeat, slight growth, the HUGE fact that I've had zero miscarriage symptoms. No cramping, no back pain, no bleeding not even spotting or brown discharge. I'm wanting my rainbow baby but I'm terrified how this might end up. We've been trying for over 10 years and have been heartbroken twice.

Praying all works out!! Keep us posted!

Good luck hope there's two beautiful heartbeats next time you get your ultrasound scan!
X

How are you doing?

Thanks for all the lovely thoughts, ladies. I'm doing fine, feel great and I'm starting to not be as tired lately except being completely exhausted at night. I'm hungry a lot. I still have no symptoms of miscarriage. I had some slight cramping on Saturday but it was a fraction of what I normally get with AF so I figure it's ligament stretching. Still no bleeding or spotting. I go for my next scan on Thursday.

I'm thinking my scans have been really early and I'm not as far along as my LMP puts me. I know my dates but I have no idea when I ovulated so that could account for an entire week. The bean could have implanted late, I've heard it could take up to 10 days. My doc is just really concerned because there hasn't been much growth and I have a history of miscarrying and I think she wanted me to be prepared. Believe me, I'm prepared for the worst.

Again, thank you so much. I would have replied sooner but we've had no internet all day, and to top it off the AC in the house is currently on the fritz (it's getting to be in the mid 80s+ here already)...

Glad you are feeling well, will keep following and hoping for a positive scan on Thursday! Is that tomorrow, this Thursday? X

Yes, tomorrow. I'm so nervous but at the same time I want proof that this baby is a survivor.

That's great that you haven't had any signs of a mc! Hope all is perfect on your next scan!

I'm really hoping also.

Today I took my mom shopping, she had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago and really needed to get out. After I got home I noticed a little bit of brown blood in my underwear and more brown/red blood when I wiped, along with a clot that was smaller than a dime. I took a shower and have had no other blood on the pad and no cramps besides extremely mild ones that I've been having on my right side which I think are ligament stretching pains. I had one sharp pain that lasted less than a second around lunch time, so about 6 hours ago. I think it's the leftover blood from implantation. I didn't have implantation blood with this one. With the last pregnancy I had severe pain and about a day and a half of bleeding.

I'm starting to freak myself out, but I know that as long as I'm not bleeding heavily and there's no bad pains or cramping that I shouldn't worry. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes and trying to wait patiently for my scan tomorrow.

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and at 16 weeks. Both times once the bleeding started it didn't stop. And it was just like period bleeding.

Fingers and toes crossed for you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->