So.. Sex?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
When did you start to have sex after giving birth?

Was it painful? Did you bleed?

I've stopped bleeding, I'm four weeks pp, I had a second degree tear and stitches which seemed to heal by 2-3 weeks. I get a little creamy discharge which is the last of the lochia.

So I had sex last night.. Infact the other half was asleep when he came onto me haha and he pretty much woke me up so I was a bit sleepy to consider whether we should so soon or not!
Wasn't rough or anything but I noticed a little bleeding on my pad by the morning and today once around the area of my stitches. I had a bit of an ache in my tummy not long after.

I also know that you're more likely to get pregnant in the six months after birth.. In the moment we didn't really use protection, but he pulled out. Ive not yet had a period so in hoping its a little too soon for my body to consider ovulating just yet!

I was surprised at how good it felt considering! Infact I felt more sensitive in a good way compared to before!

So what are your experiences in sex after birth? And I partixularly would like to know if anyone had any bleeding near the stitches after thinking they were healed???

Hi :) we had sex 5 weeks after birth I think, my bleeding stopped around 4 weeks like you. The first time we had sex it felt slightly tender and almost stretched? It was a bit strange but felt completely normal after a couple of mins. We took it slow but there was still a little bit if pinky/red blood after, didn't have any on a pad the next day.
Not sure about the period/pregnancy bit, I had my first period about a week later.

Hopefully your stiches are dissolved now and you got th "ok" from the doctor !
I stopped bleeding about a month after I had my baby and didn't try to have sex in till 10 weeks .... And it did hurt in the beginning ... We used lots of lube but it still hurt for a few minutes then it was good.
But after we were done I was hurting almost felt like I was bruised. By the next day I felt normal again ...but I didn't have any bleeding.
I heard some people don't hurt at all ... Lucky !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->