So smug!!

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Went to in laws yesterday, I get on well with them and theyre very supportive, but MIL always seems to 'know' whats wrong with Chloe when she cries, or rather think she does. It all started to get on my wick yesterday so I figured I'd let her play mum for the afternoon and I'd have a break and it was quite fun to watch.

When Chloe was 'obviously hungry' she refused the bottle that was shoved in her mouth. WHen she had 'filled her nappy' it was bone dry and completely clean, I had to intervene when she tried to make her go to sleep cos 'she was tired'. Explained that Chloe wasnt tired and she doesnt nap at 6pm cos then she wont sleep at night. Got quite annoyed when she was put down anyway but overjoyed when Chloe just had a tantrum!

The poor child was winded, changed, fed, put down so many times it was almost funny. In the end she gave up, handed Chloe to me who looked at me gave me a big grin and settled down :smug:

Apparently I do know what I'm doing!!:haha:

ha ha that sounds like my MIL

it annoys me how they think they know our babies more than us.

when my MIL was round for the day the other week she fed him (which i got a bottle ready for her)
then usualy after a bottle he usually has a doze. and he gets relly ratty when he needs sleep.

but she was walking up and down the room saying 'oh hes got a bellyach'
i looked at hubby he looked at me and we grinned.
he didnt have 'a bellyache' he was tired.

she wasnt having it that he was tired.
when i finally got him i cuddled him up on my chest (how he always sleeps) and in a few mins he was sound do.

it made my day as i shew her that she didnt have a clue what he wanted.

its great isnt it! I know she was trying to help but I couldnt help feeling a little pleased that Chloe only wanted me!!

It was like this at her party a few weeks back. Grandma was cuddling her and she was screaming the place down, pass her to mummy and she was fast asleep as soon as her head touched my boob... everyone needs a bossom for a pillow :rofl:

HAHA loving this thread! My MIL is a royal pain in the ass! I have started going swimming once a week and came home to find my MIL with Niamh in her arms looking smug out of the window as if to say ha i came round cos i knew you were out!! I walked in and she was screaming the house down. MIL told me that she was upset because she was tired and had been like that for 2 hours but was ok cos she knew what she was doing!

I took Niamh off her (you know the big fuss of ooh come here mummy has missed you to get her off my MIL!!!!!) As soon as i had her in my arms i got a big smile and coos the job lot!!! She didn't sleep till 3 hours later of smiling and playing!!

What did MIL have to say?.....................we better go cos shes tired you must have just distracted her when you came in!

3 words for you MIL GET A GRIP!

wow that felt good! haha

Went to in laws yesterday, I get on well with them and theyre very supportive, but MIL always seems to 'know' whats wrong with Chloe when she cries, or rather think she does. It all started to get on my wick yesterday so I figured I'd let her play mum for the afternoon and I'd have a break and it was quite fun to watch.

When Chloe was 'obviously hungry' she refused the bottle that was shoved in her mouth. WHen she had 'filled her nappy' it was bone dry and completely clean, I had to intervene when she tried to make her go to sleep cos 'she was tired'. Explained that Chloe wasnt tired and she doesnt nap at 6pm cos then she wont sleep at night. Got quite annoyed when she was put down anyway but overjoyed when Chloe just had a tantrum!

The poor child was winded, changed, fed, put down so many times it was almost funny. In the end she gave up, handed Chloe to me who looked at me gave me a big grin and settled down :smug:

Apparently I do know what I'm doing!!:haha:

Yeah, they're all like that. lol

The first day I came home from the hospital my MIL stayed with us because I invited her to stay with us for a couple of days, maybe about a week.

OMG she wouldn't let me learn my baby at all.

If the baby start crying, she says" Oh, she's wet" "Don't let her stay wet, change her, she can catch a cold."

It's feeding time. Feed her make sure you give her as much breast as she wants. & the list goes on and on.

She was monitoring everything I did. It was as if she was the mom and I was just learning.

I couldn't take it anymore. That's my MIL and I love her and she loves me as well, but that day it was a wrap.

She end up leaving the next day.

I didn't want to offend her, I explained to my husband how she's just ruling everything and I'm not getting a chance to learn my child.

Eventually my husband told her in front of me, and she said that I should've said something if it was bothering me.

She got offended anyway for a short period and said that she will let me handle my baby.

My husband told her, that she needs to be wise because she has experience under her belt & for her not to take over, just assist me when she see I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, I've learned my baby on my own and we're doing well.

If I would've continue to let her raise my child, my child would've been comforted by her and not me.

Mello

:laugh2: MIL´s don´t ya just love em? (not!!)

All of the above sounds soooo familiar!! I´m glad mine lives a good 400km away. We had her to stay for a weekend two weeks after Sam was born, and I got lectured on what to do and what not to do - just nodded my head and smiled politely, and counted the hours down!!

lol bless, my MIL is actually really good! The only thing is she always thinks he has wind whenever he cries, but he hasn't had bad wind for a long time. He is usually just hungry or tired. My Grandma does this too. Drives me mad!

xxx

god i'm so not lookin forward to havin katie and my MIL coming to stay! unfortunately its their house and they live abroad so we cant exactly send them packing!!!!

lol bless, my MIL is actually really good! The only thing is she always thinks he has wind whenever he cries, but he hasn't had bad wind for a long time. He is usually just hungry or tired. My Grandma does this too. Drives me mad!

xxx

This is my MIL exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"