So, talked me out of a c-section............but

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
The consultant talked me out of immediately electing a c-section for this baby. BUT, she then said that if I don't go naturally they would inducde me, but because of the previous section I would have to be monitored.

This means sat on those horrendous beds, on my arse -not allowed to be on knees or anything.

This is what happened with #1 and I am 100% sure this is why I had to have a c-section! Its my greatest fear, not being allowed to move about. I wont even be allowed to walk around the room as I will have on the contraction monitor and the fetal pulse one, but because of my weight its again likely they baby will have one of the scalp ones.

You can say you don't want continuous monitoring. I had to have a c section at 34 weeks my last pregnancy, after hoping for a water birth. This time, they've agreed to let me labour in water (if the pool is free) with intermittent monitoring, but I won't be allowed to actually deliver in the water, which is our compromise. There will only be 16 months between my deliveries, which is why they want me out the water, so they can keep an eye on my scar. It's worth having another chat with your consultant, most l&d wards encourage you not to be on your back in a bed now as they know it can make things harder and lead to more intervention. Just because you'll need monitoring, doesn't mean it has to be constant. x

Our birthing centre has wireless/mobile monitors, could you ask if yours do? You can even water birth x

Even with continous CTG you can move about... sitting on ball ect. I had CTG last time as high risk but i pushed squatting on the floor and kneeing on the bed. Unfortuately ended with EMCS after baby got stuck. This time I'm trying vbac but certainly wont be willing to lay flat on my back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->