So tempted...

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
to go it alone with this one and go unassisted :blush:

In the birthing stories there is a lady who did it unassisted just her and her husband

ooo is there.. do you have the link??

I never understood why people would free birth until recently and now I can see why some women would want to.

What about it draws you to the idea? Xx

Ps I got your text and forgot to reply!!! The answer is hell yeah!!! :lol:

Its the intimacy that draws me i think... ive watched so many videos of births that are so lush but would be just that *bit* better if it was just the two of them, that and without sounding too arrogant the power of it... i mean can you imagine the overwhelming feeling of achieving home birth coupled with having done it just the family... mind blowing.

You reckon its ok?? Ive been gagging to get on it :p (that sounds very ominous!!)

hi sam its in the positive natural births above i read through them all so not sure exactly which one it is but it was very inspiring

thanks love ill go have a nose through

More power to you! It's something I would love to do! :D

Just read the story... really inspiring, just as birth should be :cloud9:

I think you can still achieve that intimacy without feeling you can't have a MW there. You can call them late enough that they'd only be there for the last however long you felt comfortable with. Hiring an IM is not an option for everyone but that would help ensure the intimacy or even specifying that you want to labour in a different room to the mws with minimal interruptions (ie VEs and listening in) asking for a hands off delivery. Theres no reason why you can't have THE most intimate birth experience and still have the Mws there. :)

I was really tempted last time after being told I was to be induced, then I wasn't. My MW was not so keen on a home birth as I had the label of preeclampsia but it's not the hospital were doing anything to treat it. My baby wasn't distressed and in fact was 8lb 13oz so was far from effected. I was keen then but my hubby was a little worried. I am keen for a HB this time around as have been told I could have a birth centre birth as long as I don't show any symptoms. The only difference between home and birth centre is that I will annoy up to 8 other woman if I scream during labour.

my mum had an unassisted birth with my youngest sister the MW was on her way but had to clear up after another birth before she could leave to come so mum delivered L with my dad and sister there ( both who were there when my brother was born )

I was the one who had it unassisted :blush: If you have any questions, just ask!

Silver Penny - yours is one of my most favourite birth stories ever! :)

I was sorely tempted to have an unassisted birth and can completely understand the appeal.

I'm planning an unassisted and have been since I was around 20 weeks. I started out seeing a midwife but really don't feel the need for a midwife and wasn't comfortable with someone I barely know being apart of my birth if it wasn't needed. My mom had an unassisted when I was about 10 and it really effected me positively. My hubby had to spend some time researching/thinking/praying about it because he honestly feels the hospital is the best place but really wants me to be in what ever environment I am most comfortable. My mom, mil and two best friends (one who is a student midwife and is planning her own UC) will be there along with my husband so it won't be completely unassisted.

Oh, I am also doing the prenatal care on my own. I saw a doctor for the 20 week ultrasound and had two midwife appointments before that but other than that I've done it all on my own. I bought some urinalysis strips to keep track of anything a midwife would and am now doing bi-weekly appointments that I am charting just in case I need to see a doctor.

I'd love to do it but I wouldn't be able to relax knowing there was no professional there. plus, my OH would have hell freeze over before he let me do that!!

I understand the appeal... The sexuality of birth can be very powerful. I know we can have a cozy intimate environment for sex, but if there's a guest in the house (even if in another room) it changes the dynamic and the atmosphere. That said I don't think I'd intentionally UC. I think my ideal is an IMW in the house but whO would only come into the room when we requested it. Oh, I have to stop there, the thought is just too delicious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->