so tired of hearing moms....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayne22

mother of 2
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna get chewed out for this but I don't care.

I'm so tired of hearing moms complain about their baby, who is under one yr old, that they don't sleep through the night. They go on to complain that they woke up once, maybe twice for a feed, and then went back to sleep. Boo frickin hoo. OR they complain that their child is fussy during the day, to which I have witnessed, and the baby isn't fussy-- they are squirming from the mom cuz they don't want the bottle that's being shoved in their face.

I get that everyone deserves a rant, so here is mine...

Unless your baby is screaming non-stop for hours (and I mean HOURS) and they are inconsolable, you've tried everything, then they finally manage to fall asleep from exhaustion only to be awake less then an hour later, and you have to start the process all over again, please consider yourself lucky. You have the right to vent just like everyone else, but please remember you are lucky to have a baby who sleeps through, or only wakes up once. AND also keep in mind that babies are not meant to sleep through so stop wondering why they aren't. Accept it and deal accordingly.

Oh man, I'm not sure all comments coming your way are going to be pleasant.
Anyhow, I am not a mother of a fussy baby or one who wakes during the night, BUT I can understand that those things can be difficult when you're sleep deprived, and that's probably why those women are just trying to have a little outlet to complain. (Whether its rightfully so or not). It is possible that each mother has a different threshhold that they can handle.
Both my babies slept through the night before they were one. My first at 4 months, and this second one since five months. Maybe those women whose babies still wake are a little bit bitter that theirs still wakes, as each baby has its own unique needs, and many do wake for feedings longer than some others. I can understand its frustrating for them to read posts about women's babies sleeping well, so maybe that is what leads them to write on here about how their babies don't? I don't know, I'm just trying to put myself in their shoes, and have some understanding where others may be coming from, some empathy. :flower:
Maybe just skip those threads, if you see in the title that they are complaining about their babies? :shrug: You don't have to read them.
I'm not sure I'm gonna click back on here to read other responses, as I'm thinking some women may be hurt and offended at this.

Maybe they are trying givw them a bottle to prevent their routine from being disrupted. Nothing like a baby reject feeding. .and decide he is hungry later when he should be sleeping...and won't go to bed until midnight when you have work in the morning.

Anyhow, I am not a mother of a fussy baby or one who wakes during the night, BUT I can understand that those things can be difficult when you're sleep deprived, and that's probably why those women are just trying to have a little outlet to complain. (Whether its rightfully so or not). It is possible that each mother has a different threshhold that they can handle.
Both my babies slept through the night before they were one. My first at 4 months, and this second one since five months. Maybe those women whose babies still wake are a little bit bitter that theirs still wakes, as each baby has its own unique needs, and many do wake for feedings longer than some others. I can understand its frustrating for them to read posts about women's babies sleeping well, so maybe that is what leads them to write on here about how their babies don't? I don't know, I'm just trying to put myself in their shoes, and have some understanding where others may be coming from, some empathy. :flower:
Maybe just skip those threads, if you see in the title that they are complaining about their babies? :shrug: You don't have to read them.
I'm not sure I'm gonna click back on here to read other responses, as I'm thinking some women may be hurt and offended at this.

I can definitely understand where these moms frustrations come from, however, I don't think its unreasonable for me to say they are lucky, because in comparison, my two babies are not/did not sleep through ever. I'm mainly tired of hearing ppl complain, in here and in real life, about their 2 month old or 6 month old not sleeping through but saying they sleep for 6 hrs and wake up once. Its much better then what I described in my OP so I would say to consider themselves lucky and to not put such expectations on their baby when its NORMAL for babies to wake up. And its not that I can skip the thread when the subject line is vague and then I read the op and its about that. Just noticed an increasing amount of these posts lately and have to roll my eyes.

While the logical side of me agrees, you can't belittle someone elses problems because YOU think they are minor.

Example. Yesterday I was very tired. However compared to how tired my OH was after a long day carrying timber around, I probably felt a lot better than he did. However, for me it was a problem, in my head I felt like shit, so we were both kind to eachother and I had a long bath when he got home.

If it's a problem, it's a problem. Just because that problem would seem like a non-issue to someone else, doesn't mean it doesn't suck for the person having it. My car could be playing up and I'd be upset. Someone else would just be grateful to even have a car. Catch my drift?

It's not a competition where only the winner can complain.

So should I take from your post that your baby behaves like the scenerio you described last in your post and you are frustrated cause you wish yours was like the ungrateful mothers you described firstly? Btw I am one of those mothers! I don't really have anything to complain about usually especially if you compare it to the terrible situation you described! Sorry if you are having a tough time and sorry if I summed up your post incorrectly... I wish you the best either way. :flower:

Maybe they are trying givw them a bottle to prevent their routine from being disrupted. Nothing like a baby reject feeding. .and decide he is hungry later when he should be sleeping...and won't go to bed until midnight when you have work in the morning.

The scenario I was referring to was my sil trying to feed her baby when the baby showed no signs of being hungry, and then was squirming away, "fussing" as she called it, when baby didn't want to eat. She is a stay at home mom

P.S my son didn't STTN until 2 and Sophie is up every morning at 4am. Sigh. She wakes through the night also. So I do understand where you are coming from.

Everyone has their own levels of tolerance to things like sleep deprivation. I can survive for a day or two on little sleep, tiny cat naps, and lots of caffeine. If my OH is sleep deprived, he turns into a zombie who can't think straight. So while it may be a dream for some to have LO only wake up once, others may not be able to cope so well with a middle-of-the-night feeding. Yes, it's normal, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck for some.

I'm not saying they shouldn't complain. I'm saying they should count their blessings and consider themselves lucky. Never did I say they can't complain. I said I was tired of hearing about it. Am I not allowed a rant either?

I can definitely understand where these moms frustrations come from, however, I don't think its unreasonable for me to say they are lucky, because in comparison, my two babies are not/did not sleep through ever. I'm mainly tired of hearing ppl complain, in here and in real life, about their 2 month old or 6 month old not sleeping through but saying they sleep for 6 hrs and wake up once. Its much better then what I described in my OP so I would say to consider themselves lucky and to not put such expectations on their baby when its NORMAL for babies to wake up. And its not that I can skip the thread when the subject line is vague and then I read the op and its about that. Just noticed an increasing amount of these posts lately and have to roll my eyes.

Yeah I get ya. There are loads of sleep threads on here. And I feel for you as getting up with your baby at night, despite that with babies it is normal, is tiring and frustrating, so I get that you don't want to hear others complain about their mild cases. I definitely get what you're saying, but if i read something that i feel this way about, I just close the thread and move on. You are entitled to rant, and so are they, right?
Anyways, I recognize and am aware that I am one of the few lucky ones with good sleepers. I'm thinking if we have a third baby I will be paying for it then, lol.

Thread closed as non-constructive.

While I can understand your frustration and need to rant, the way this is worded is only going to get peoples backs up and cause fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"