So upset with husband

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
I know it is probably nothing compared to what other people's OH's put them through, but I asked him for these 2 weeks before my section that he doesn't go out after work. I am big, uncomfortable, tired & emotional & don't want to be by myself.

Well he can't even go a few days without going to the pub, he doesn't get horribly drunk, but it just disappoints me that he can't go 2 weeks without it.

He has just text me saying he is at the pub because it is his last day of independence (the section is booked tomorrow) & I am just sat here crying now as I feel so upset & let down that he feels it is more important (yet again) to stay at the pub having drinks with his work mates than coming home & spending our last night before chaos together.

:(

I'm sorry :( I could see my hubby doing this too though. I think sometimes our DHs don't realize how much we need them.

Thats sad, I would send a text saying thanks for leaving you sat on your own on the eve of the scariest day of your life. then switch the phone off and go to bed! Tomortow your gonna be a mummy!!!!

Oh this sounds exactly the same as my oh!!!
I asked him not to drink 2 weeks prior to my dd in case waters went early and he was drunk all last weekend!! I was furious!!!
It's a good job they don't have to the carry the baby isn't it! How would they go 9 months without a beer?! Xxxx

Going to play devil's advocate here and, whilst I know I'd be thoroughly pissed off if mine did it the night before, I guess we have to accept that it's a huge change for him too. I don't condone the fact he's felt the need to do it tonight, bearing in mind he's known the date for some time and really should spare a thought for how you are probably feeling. Don't let it get you down, focus on the fact that you will have your baby tomorrow!

2 weeks if probably a long stretch for him if he's used to it.....but the night before your section is wrong!!

You should be together, either preparing, relaxing and generally just enjoying being the two of you.....not him going out so he can enjoy his last night of independence?

What about you? What about if you wanted to do that? Oh no wait you can't, because you're the one carrying his child.

If it wasn't the night before I'd say relax, but he's being selfish and I'd be very annoyed at him.

Awwwww that's sad that he's not there, I would be upset too. Can't imagine my OH not being there the night before a c section. Hope tomorrow goes well X

I would be well annoyed at this.............they really are turkeys sometimes aren't they...............I love the way they justify drinking...................

You poor thing. You've already given up 9 months of your life and its not going to ever be the same after tomorrow.

Tonight of all nights you two should be together

Not cool at all. I would be very disappointed. He missed the boat. The night before my induction, my husband took me out for a nice dinner for the last time just us 2. It was lovely. I would have been so sad if he would have left me to go out with his friends instead. God, he's gonna be a father not facing death row ...last night of independence? Wtf. Isn't that what a stag is for before marriage?

Aww I'm sorry that's really not fair at all :hugs: men are such a-holes sometimes you are right this should be a night when you are together but try not to get too upset you are going to a mummy tomorrow and you have your last night with you and bump! Good luck for tomorrow :hugs: x

Id be pissed off too. Put him a spare duvet on the sofa and enjoy your last full nights sleep in your bed by yourself :) plenty of room :)

Thanks girls, I feel a bit better knowing that I am not being over dramatic about it all! He is home now, but my night is pretty much ruined now & I don't even feel like talking to him. Think I am just going to go to bed & try get some sleep.

Enjoy tomorrow and meeting your beautiful baby xxxx

I'd save the text and the next time he wants to go out (which will probably be soon as newborns can be fun but stressful) show it to him and remind him that he already had his last day of independence. His words, not yours :p Good luck tomorrow!

Agree with the other girls, that's not fair in the slightest and I would be thoroughly peed off and upset too :hugs:

Wishing you the best of luck for your section tomorrow :flower: xx

That absolutely sucks, I would be really really pissed off if I were you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"