so we started weaning...

isil

Reaction score
It's early, I know. But after it was suggested by 1 HV I asked another (who is usually dead set against weaning before 6 months) and she agreed that he is probably ready and it would do him good.

We've only had a few days of it so far. But I think it must be right for him because he grabs the spoon and pulls it towards his mouth. He makes 'yumyum' noises too lol, it's very cute.

We're just going to be giving him baby rice/baby porridge until he's 6 months because I want to change to baby led weaning then.

Just thought I'd say 'Hi' in here now that we're doing it too!

those noises are so cute. Hannah only does it with her oatmeal...she hates rice since she had a taste of oatmeal :lol:

she hates rice since she had a taste of oatmeal :lol:

lol, I think Ally is going to be the same. I gave him rice again today after he tried porridge yesterday and he looked at me like I was giving him poison. Although when he realised there was nothing else he ate it up!

I don't blame them though, the rice is pretty disgusting!

we're only on fruit and vege purees (sweet potato, apple or banana being his favourites) so far but Teddy is also pleased to see the spoon heading his way too so I take that as a sign he was ready after all :)

Might try him with some mashed rusk later, though my doc seems to be doing things differently to everyone else and avoiding gluten etc till much later. It's so confusing this whole weaning thing - so many differing opinions.

the gluten thing is very confusing! like they put it in baby foods that say suitable for 4-6 months but they're not meant to have gluten before 6 months?!

We are trying to avoid it but I'm pretty sure he's having it. We tried Alasdair on apple puree and he hated it! he grabbed the spoon and took it into his mouth like he usually does and then looked like he was going to cry!

I'm glad Ted's enjoying it too :)

jj is nearly 5 months old, we have just started him on stage 2 milk and 1 small feed of baby rice in the evening. he loved messing with it and rolling it round in his mouth (hes only had 1 feed so far) but he cant grab things yet he trys but misses lol.

can you mix stage 1 milk feeds with stage 2? eg, 2 feeds a day stage 1 and the rest stage 2? to use up his stage 1 milk? or better to just bin?

we've still not started. I'm thinking of doing one meal a day now, but, TBH, I don't think she cares!!!

Glad Ally is getting on well with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->