So what can it be???

cherry22

mummy to 1 after 3 losses
Reaction score
I posted a few months ago about itching on and off in my lady area!!

Alot of the answers were swaying towards Bacterial Vaginosis so i went to the docs and she took swabs! i thought that i was going to get an answer but i phoned for my results and she said well your Bacterial test came back clear and we are still waiting on your chlamydia test, i thought to myself WHAT? i wasnt told that she was testing me for that!!!
I could have saved her the money because theres no way that i could have that (my oh and i have only been with eachother!!)

I was a bit pissedff at that really! So i said well what can it be then and she said i dont know maybe your abit dry and said that i should use lube!!!
I replied i would understand that if it itched after sex but it itches if we are have sex or not sometimes it can be weeks and i dont normally do it when im itching coz it feels uncomfortable!!! so she said she didnt know so i have made another appointment on wed again!!

So does enyone know what eles i can ask to be tested for???

xx

Hi, i havent changed soap and i use the ph balanced one! and washing powder is non bio so i dont think its that!!!!

Im at a loss as to what it is!

xx

Hhhmmm...maybe your hormones are all over the place still and its causing you to itch. Did she check for thrush?

Hi Cherry,

Did you try the bicarb? Please give it a shot, your problem sounds identical to what I had, and I'm 100000% better now! If you want confirmation that this is the right treatment before trying, ask them to look at your levels of lactobacilli - this is a normal bacteria in the vagina but an overgrowth causes symptoms like thrush, and this is what I had. More info here: https://dermnetnz.org/site-age-specific/cytolytic-vaginosis.html

I hope you get answers soon!

Ele xxx

Thanks for the replys! Eleflump can you tell me the bicarb thing again? and would you say do it only when the itching is there?? because now it doesnt itch and hasnt done for a few days!! it ssoooo weird and frustrating really!

I think its hormonal but what test will they do to see if it is hormonal??? i havent had a period since comming off the pill so i cant keep a diary!!

xx

iv just read the link thank you very much, im going to print it off and show it to my gp on wed! and the bicarb bit is that what you did? xx

Yeah, I put some bicarb in the bath (that article tells you how much to put in), and also made a sort of paste with it, using cold water, to put inside. That was a bit scratchy but compared to the discomfort that was there anyway it was nothing. It was a bit messy (I'd recommend doing it just before you get out of the bath, and if possible just before you go to bed, and wear a liner just in case!) but definitely no more so than doing treatment for thrush.

It took a couple of days, I think I did it every bathtime (so every evening) for a week, but the symptoms had gone before the week was out, I just continued to make sure! I occasionally do a one-off treatment if I start to feel uncomfortable again, but it's been nearly a year now and I've done it max 3 times since I first got rid of the symptoms. I just wish I'd known earlier, as I had it for about a year all told, and was still suffering on my wedding day and on my honeymoon, and I could have done without it! My GP did all the tests for thrush and BV and all were negative, like you. I seemed to have days when it wasn't so bad, and then it'd flare up again, for no apparent reason.

Re hormones, I'm not sure what could cause this, but mention it to your GP and they will know what to request. It would be a blood test, though.

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Ele xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back