so whats the best diet?

bathbabe

Mum to 3 boys
Reaction score
iv got a 10week old baby and i want to lose about 4 stone... But im being realistic, i want to lose it by jan 2012. Then enjoy a few months of being slim then try for baby number 2. So whats the best long term diet? Any help would be good :) thanks xxx

trail & error i say.
some diets work well on some people not on others.
after i had hollie didn't wana push myself or anything all i did was cut out takeaways, junk food, fizzy drinks & exercised more & lost 31lbs. Best of luck :)

I would recommend Slim Fast. :)

IMO, the best diet is the one you are going to stick to, lose weight in a healthy way and your family can eat too.

If you go on faddy diets, ie, meal replacements, cambridge, liquid diet etc etc, they don't teach you healthy eating habits so you are more likley to re-gain the weight.

just my opinion.

I have almost 3 stone with cutting out rubbish, a bit of calorie counting and lots of exercise, whilst still eating the same as my family, having treats and eat out.

It can be done!!!

xxx

According to me best diet is that in which includes all type of the nutritions like vitamins, proteins, zinc, calcium and so on. In the diet program it is necessary to balance all type of the nutrition to healthy body.

The only diet that worked for me was this. It really helped me to control my appetite, it does involve a fair amount of cooking, but the eating is really healthy.. lots and lots of salads, good carbs, protein etc.. everything balanced and you can have a small desert every day too. People who can't stop eating often have too high insulin levels (hyperinsulemia) and anything sweet triggers a vicious cycle so you are always craving for more. There is much more info on the website.
I am back on this program from today!

im gunna try slimfast first! Thanks guys x

good luck!!

bear in mind that slim fast doesn't really teach you good eating habits, once you've lost the weight, you'll have to replace the shakes with healthy meals........

xxx

I agree with the above. I am calorie counting ad I love it! no food is out of bounds as long as you stick with your calorie limit :) then you just learn that you get much more healthy food for your limit than you do high cal foods, its working great for me, I have lost 75lbs since 4th Jan but still have a long way to go but its a diet you can stick to for life and trains your mind and body, its basically just a lifestyle change :D

You are a great 'loser', Paula!!:thumbup: Impressive.

ive done it in a mixture of ways... slimming world to set me off just because my appetite was huuugeee at the start lol and cambridge diet which is a meal replacement plan! I also agree with calorie counting but I cant stick to a diet every day IYKWIM! xx

Hi guys

I've been following Atkins since Feb and love it. No more sugar, starch or processed foods, just eating how we were meant to eat which takes care of fluctuating blood sugar levels and cravings. It's the easiest way I've lost weight without having to count calories (BORING!) or starve myself. All the foods I'd been brainwashed to avoid - butter, cream, cheese, meat fat etc, I now eat in abundance and have never felt better or looked trimmer. Loving it :thumbup:

iv got a 10week old baby and i want to lose about 4 stone... But im being realistic, i want to lose it by jan 2012. Then enjoy a few months of being slim then try for baby number 2. So whats the best long term diet? Any help would be good :) thanks xxx

I think Weightwatchers is a good one - as no food is banned - you just eat the right things and in the right quantities, which is important for sustaining a new way of eating.

HTH

Loz

I've been overweight for a very long time and had bulimia as a late teen. The best diet I've done is slimming world because it is more about leading a healthy lifestyle than anything else. Exercise has never been my problem as I have an active lifestyle, but the odd glass of wine creeps in, a biscuit here and there, a cake here and there... Slimming World allows that but with control.

I've tried lighterlife, slimfast and cambridge diets (not good for an ex-bulimic and they knew I was one!), detoxes, weight watchers (which I found too constrictive), rosemary connelly, atkins, e-diets, weight loss resources, slimming world. I had a lot of success losing some of this weight just counting calories (4 stone in a few months) at home and could easily do that again, but SW just gives me extra motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->