So, when are you telling?

grace10209

Reaction score
Our plan is to tell once we hit 12 weeks!!

It's so hard waiting - luckily I'm almost 9 weeks so getting close.

I really struggle keeping this secret. How are you guys doing and when are you telling?

So far other than hubby and my 2 other kids (3 1/2 and almost 2) the only people that know are my sister in law, my mom and a good friend of mine. My friend is going to help me take pics for our announcement probably next week but I won't be posting it just yet. I want to make a collage, the last pic being the ultrasound, our ultrasound isn't until September 24th, I will be 8 1/2 weeks along. So everyone will find out that day :)

for us were telling hubs parents tomorrow and probably my dad next weekend. the rest of the family will have to wait until my daughters b day party oct 4th. our ultrasound will be at 8 weeks and that's sept 30th and I will have a board with the ultrasound and a pic up but have it coverd then have my daughter take down the cover

For us, hubby can't keep his mouth shut so we'll probably end up telling our parents within the next 2 weeks, so I'll be about 5 weeks when we tell our parents. I don't want to tell everyone else until at least 10 weeks though :)

we told at 4 weeks.. in my opinion it wasn't going to make me miscarry or keep this baby anymore than keeping it a secret would. the only thing the secret would do is cause misery for myself if I were to miscarry and not have the support of everyone close to me.

we also have a really close family so I wanted their support one way or the other. Here we are 12 weeks and everything is going great..

I tested positive yesterday and we told my siblings and parents tonight. Tomorrow morning we are telling hubby's family. I am approx 4 weeks and we too want everyone's support.

I'm just 5 weeks today. We haven't told anyone at all yet, the only people that know is my OH and I.. I think were still getting our heads around it so don't want to tell people until were comfortable and ready

We're going to tell parents this weekend and friends at 3 months, as long as I can manage to keep it hidden today because we're walking downtown with a few o them in a couple hours! If I want to barf, I can't lie again but I sooo want to wait.

We are waiting until the twelve week scan. At first we talked about telling our parents earlier but then I got into a funk and very busy at work so we haven't told anyone yet. Hoping these three weeks until my scan pass quickly!!

Will tell parents at 9-10 weeks and work/everyone else after 12w scan :). I blabbed as soon as I found out with DD, just want to keep it secret this time, im enjoying only me & hubby knowing :haha: xx

We are going to keep it to ourselves for as long as possible. Prob tell my parents at 12 weeks. I think we will keep it from the rest of the family a bit later. As well as DD even though I'm desperate to tell her I think its a long time for her to wait, but I think she will guess when I get a bump x

We've only told a few close friends. Last time I told my parents the day I got a + test, but this time we're waiting. Except now we've waited so long that I'm not sure when we'll actually tell them. My next appointment is at around 11 weeks, so probably after that, when we get a chance to see the baby again.

They're all so far away, I don't want to be bothered coming up with some clever way to tell them. That's the problem with waiting until the part of 1st tri when you're really tired, lol.

I told my two best friends and my sister within an hour of my BFP. I plan on telling my parents and brother on Sunday as it is my mum's birthday and it would be the best present to her and I believe hubby plans on telling his parents and sister around then too. We'll tell everyone else after our scan :)

From my past experience, my husband & I will be sharing our news after week 13 (just to be safe here!) This is our #3. I miscarried at week 11 (our baby stopped growing at week 6) chemical imbalance :( So, we'll wait after week 13!

I'm waiting until I get the full results back from the NT and triple bloods so probably about 13 weeks all being well.

It's so hard keeping the secret! I am so bloated and I'm sure people can tell something is off with me.

Just a few more weeks, can't wait :)

We told my mom and brother and DH's dad and sister right away. I've also now told my two closest friends. I have a scan next week and will be 10+6. so I might tell my boss next week. Everyone else will wait until 12 weeks.

I told my 2 best friends right after the BFP. We told the in-laws at 6 weeks, my parents at 9 weeks, and grandparents at 11wks. I have my NT scan next week (12.5wks) if everything is ok then we will tell everyone else.

So far only oh and the midwives know and I'm 10 weeks tomorrow! I lost my last after my 20 week scan so will try hard not to go totally public til after everything's fine with that scan but I'm already starting to show and I'm only 5ft 1 with 3 other pregnancies under my belt so it could be tricky :haha:

We are not telling until after we know all is well at 12 week scan. I question our decision most days. Pretty sure my mum is gonna be upset we didn't spill sooner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->