So worried..

lily24

Reaction score
Ok so i seem to be worrying alot today but i need to share this with everyone as i know you will help :)

Just found out my mum is going to be admitted to hospital. She suffers from depression and it kind of just catches her and puts her down. she has been in hospital before but obv with me being pregnant this time i dont want to worry. i no its the best place for her but im worried i am getting stressed without realising it.

Can anyone else put themselfs in my shoes and understand why i need to calm down? Im scared whats going to happen to my baby. Could i miss carry? this is what im most worried about. Im also holding down a full time job and in the middle of a house move! If and when my mum goes, i will have to look after the house hold and look after my little brother. i dont mind this but again i am worried i am going to get stresses and not realise i am if you know what i mean..

PLEASE HELP LADIES

Try and do relaxing things. I felt stressed a wee while back about money matters, still am as my partners changed job. Most of us worry about those type of things without realising. Like you said, you know it's the best place for her. Nurses are there to look after and worry about her needs so you don't have to. I know it isn't easy. My mum isn't one of the most stable people I know, but I won't go into that. But the most important people in your life at the moment are you and your baby.

Go for warm Baths, dim the lights, read a book. Anything to take your mind off current matters. I'm sure things will feel and look brighter in the morning x:hug:

Im such a worrier and make things seem worse than they are :(

After my last post, explaining the pains as i may have over done it, does everyone think its a good idea to go and relax in the pool tonight with friends? or is that to much at this current time? Also noticed a warning not to go into the steam room while pregnant, but didnt have that on the sauna. is a sauna o.k to relax in?

God im so worried :(

Found this on a baby site...

"
I hope I am not going to spoil your trip, but I would advise that you avoid the Jacuzzi and sauna. It is a bit of a controversial area and not all doctors agree, but it is thought by some that by raising your body temperature this could affect the circulation to the baby and cause problems."

I would avoid them, but the pool is fine as you're weightless, just take it easy, but I'd recommend getting out and getting some "You" time hun.

Hey Hun try not to worry because if you worry you will cause yourself more stress if you get what i mean. :hugs: I know its easier said than done. I go to the gym/pool 3 times a week but im almost postive that sauna is a big no no as well. As for your other post when your in the pool tonight try slight leg movements etc to try and relax your streching pains. Swimming is a great way to loosen them up and relax. As long as it aint to cold lol. Have fun and hope you feel more relaxed soon xxxx

Yeh i will avoid the sauna altogether i think... Cant wait to just get out of work and relax tonight.. Im trying my hardest not to get worried, but them im being over the top all the time and thinking 'am i worried..? no im not..but what if i am?' im such a worry freak :blush: Have my other half to keep me sane, but obviously its lovely to talk to every1 on here too :happydance:

Hey you

Sorry to hear you are having a stressful time xx

I can completely understand. My mum has been really poorly recently as her cancer had come back and had to have high dose chemo which resulted in her contracting pneumonia and then ended up in intensive care which we were told that she wasn't expected to pull through. Everyone kept on at me to make sure you don't get stressed blah blah but unfortunately that comes naturally as it is your mum.

The only thing I would suggest is rest when you can rest, eat properly and try and sleep properly too where you can. My hubby was really worried about me so made an appointment to get my blood pressure checked so I would say do that as well to put your mind at rest as it did mine and others around me.

I hope everything goes well for you and your mum and sending lots of hugs your way - if you need to chat you can always pm me
Emma

xxxx

Hey you

Sorry to hear you are having a stressful time xx

I can completely understand. My mum has been really poorly recently as her cancer had come back and had to have high dose chemo which resulted in her contracting pneumonia and then ended up in intensive care which we were told that she wasn't expected to pull through. Everyone kept on at me to make sure you don't get stressed blah blah but unfortunately that comes naturally as it is your mum.

The only thing I would suggest is rest when you can rest, eat properly and try and sleep properly too where you can. My hubby was really worried about me so made an appointment to get my blood pressure checked so I would say do that as well to put your mind at rest as it did mine and others around me.

I hope everything goes well for you and your mum and sending lots of hugs your way - if you need to chat you can always pm me
Emma

xxxx

You are at the exact same stage as me, 16weeks and i feel like the slightest bit of bother is going to take my baby away from me or affect it in the future :( just because of the fact that i am still in the early stages

My OH is the same 'please try and relax babe' He means so well and just wants us to be o.k but as you said, its my mum at the end of the day and he cant imagine how i feel as his mum isnt in the same boat.
I wish it was as easy done as it is said but we will just muddle through and hope she is well for babys arrival in october

The other thing that i get down about is that its my 1st baby, and my mum has been great so far, im scared she wont be there when i need her :( this couldnt have happened at a worst time but i suppose it will make me stronger in the long run if i manage to stay strong for her.

sorry you're going through a bad time. Just relax and try to take things easy, as hard as it might be. Hope everything works out ok xx

You are at the exact same stage as me, 16weeks and i feel like the slightest bit of bother is going to take my baby away from me or affect it in the future :( just because of the fact that i am still in the early stages

My OH is the same 'please try and relax babe' He means so well and just wants us to be o.k but as you said, its my mum at the end of the day and he cant imagine how i feel as his mum isnt in the same boat.
I wish it was as easy done as it is said but we will just muddle through and hope she is well for babys arrival in october

The other thing that i get down about is that its my 1st baby, and my mum has been great so far, im scared she wont be there when i need her :( this couldnt have happened at a worst time but i suppose it will make me stronger in the long run if i manage to stay strong for her.

I completely understand what you are saying hun but your mum knows that you are pregnant and will pull herself through this to be strong for you when you need her. I think you have said it in your last paragraph if you stay strong for her it will make you stronger yourself the way I find to deal with things is to take it every day as it comes because if you start to worry about what will happen next week/next month then it can start to eat you up. I know I had a day when I just sobbed and sobbed thinking my mum night not meet her grandchild and we are v close so it was all bittersweet.

But you make sure you stay strong hun for yourself, baby and your mum and I promise you if you do that it will help in itself.

Also pick the phone up now and make an appointment to see your midwife or doctor to get your blood pressure checked and share your concerns with them. I have my 16week mw appointment this Thursday have you had yours yet or is it coming up?

Yes we are same 16 weeks! make sure you keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on xxx

:hugs: Try to remind yourself that your mum going to hospital will be the best thing for her and she will be in safe hands.

As for your baby, I had A LOT of stress too in early pregnancy & people telling me all the time I'd lose my baby but I'm 37 weeks pregnant & just felt him hiccupping again so I'm sure he's still there! I really doubt it's possible to miscarry directly from stress. I think the only way it can happen is if as a result of the stress you don't look after yourself and you stop eating and get very run down.

I know it's much easier said that done but try not to worry about things. The most important thing now is you and your baby and you have to put that before anything else.

you have all made me feel so much better so big :hug: to all you lovely ladies :) :) :)

So sorry to hear about all the difficult stuff you're going through. I know it's not very useful to say "just relax"...easier said than done. Maybe seeing your friends would do you good and take your mind off things.

As for the sauna thing, I come from Finland where all the houses have an in-built sauna and people generally go 1 or 2 times each week. In Finland it's considered perfectly OK to keep going to the sauna even in the later stages of the pregnancy -- given than you don't stay there for hours at the time! It's actually considered beneficial, as it's relaxing and refreshing. So from my point of view, and coming from a sauna-centered culture, go for it! However, if you're worried that it might not be ok, then then relaxing effect of the sauna doesn't really work... So do whatever will make you feel best!

Just when things couldnt get worse... was at the docs yest.. I have a urine infection (which is HORRIBLE!) Throat infection and extremely bad backpain :( All brough on by a fever/high temp..
Trying to soilder on at work, but so hard to get comfy in a swing chair :cry: Any ideas on how to brighten my day?! lol :rofl:

Oh no, so sorry to hear that!

Do you have to stay at work? Sounds like you have more than enough reason to go home RIGHT NOW! So if you can, leave and go to bed. :sleep:

If you really must stay, then try to close your office door and have a nap. Or if there's no door, just kill the time with something completely useless. There's always YouTube! Or StumbleUpon. :-=

I know how you feel hun. Lats year, I had both my own mum and my mother in aw going through Chemo at the same time. It's all very stressful and I felt bad for stressing instead of supporting them!
As long as she knows that you are there for her if she needs you, she will understand thatyou need some "me time". I'm sure she would be less stressed herself knowing that you are looking after youself.
As the others have said, take some time out for yourself. I found that going swimming at a quiet time helped - the water laping around you as you have a slow and gentle swim is so relaxing. Then chill with some lavender and camomile.
I hope your mum starts to feel better soon x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"