Soapnuts!

A

anothersquish

Well I have just done my first wash with soapnuts...why did I not do this before??!!:dohh:

I decided to "test" them and I threw in my pale coloured "horse" jeans that were filthy and they have come out completely clean! Im so impressed!
Everything just has a fresh clean smell, nothing artificial smelling, its so lovely!

I have a big bag coming I ordered from In A Soapnut Shell on the way and I cant wait. I would love, love, love to only use chemical washing liquid on the very dirty stuff and soapnuts the rest of the time. They will work out cheaper by miles and I feel much better about it.
I cant believe how soft the stuff is too, no need for softner.

Can you tell Im impressed?
:thumbup:

Ooh I want to try some now. I bought two bottles of Ecover for £7 at the weekend so will have to use those up.

Yeah I love soapnuts, perfect for nappies and works well on general washing too, although I do add a smidge of fabric softer to general wash, just for the smell!

You cant get simpler then them, especially as you can use the same lot for a week before binning them, no more detergent build up!!

Ohhh I had some of these ages ago for general washing and was impressed, not sure why I stopped using them. Gonna have a rummage under the sink see if they are still there - if not im going to order some and give my nappies a go in them.

Im glad to read this, im gonna try my lot out and if goes well order more, on a much tighter budget now so this would save me some money!

Honestly I have no idea why I was putting off using them, I think I figured they couldnt possibly work as well as the chemical stuff, lesson learnt, they are fab.

think i might just give them a go too especially if i can save some dosh!

I keep thinking I should try these out, think I will now! Do they really save money too? On a tight budget here as well :blush:

I was working it out, yes I am crazy. I weighed 8 half shells and then divided the 500g by that to work out how many groups of shells I would have and then times that by 4 (the least number of washes the shells will do) then divided the £7 by that...came out at like 4p a wash. My gel works out at 10p a wash if I use 1/4 cap and its on offer.

I was working it out, yes I am crazy. I weighed 8 half shells and then divided the 500g by that to work out how many groups of shells I would have and then times that by 4 (the least number of washes the shells will do) then divided the £7 by that...came out at like 4p a wash. My gel works out at 10p a wash if I use 1/4 cap and its on offer.

:haha: Thanks for the info, it'll help DH think I'm not totally nuts! :D

:haha: Thanks for the info, it'll help DH think I'm not totally nuts! :D

:rofl: Just totally soap nuts. Wow I need sleep!

I did like using them (though missed the nice synthetic smell, bad me :blush:) but I kept forgetting to take them out before tumble drying them and they crumbled away to nothing so didn't work out cheaper for me!

Just said it to DH who said if I wanted to go all new age on him, that was fine by him! :haha:

haha, you should have seen the look my OH gave me when he spotted the soap nuts...funny!

I tried explaining what they were to Arif and he just looked at me like "What do I care about the washing? You do it all!" so I shut up!

Ooohh was going to ask about these when you said you ordered them. I had a sample in my mama pack and havent got round to them yet! *goes to do washing*. How much comes in a bag?

Where's the best place to buy them?

in a soapnut shell do a free trial too 75p p&p iv orderd it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->