Soapnuts!

i was having a look in the shops in town today (our towns lovely full of little independant shops!) Anyway couldnt find any i liked one shop was like £8 quid for a tiny bottle of rank smelling stuff! but the woman in the fair trade shop said she could order me some in!

I'd like to try these, but don't know much about them. I was disappointed to discover that Ecover is owned by ici, so isn't cruelty free :'( so am looking for an alternative....*sneaks off to Google*....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: bugger

I tried soapnuts a couple of years back. They worked fine. But am I the only one who thinks they smell of sick? Didn't keep using them as a result. I didn't think of adding essential oils though.

Just looking at some info on these and it says they're good for 4-6 consecutive washes - do you think that means washing on the same day or would they do for a week?

I use mine over a few days and they fine. There's a way to test them, i think if they are damp they should be little bubbles, if not it's time to change them

Apparently they are good for normal stains but can struggle with poo stains etc (like most washing liquids tbh!) having said that I tested them out on my very dirty horse jeans that were full of grass, mud, feed, hoof oil, grease and leather soap and they are 100% clean.
If i have stains I will use vanish and/or the sunshine to work its wonders I think!

The only thing with that though is that there will still be residue of washing powder in your washing machine drum, tubes and draw, it does a take a few washes to get rid of this and see the 'real' results

Id just done a strip wash so Id imagine the machine was pretty detergent free LOL

I started looking at these a while back but for some reason never did anything about it. Now I'm pregnant again my clothes seem to be really irritating me and feel a bit scratchy so have just ordered some to try. Just got to put up with it for a little while longer due to bank holiday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->