Soapnuts!

I ordered a kilo yesterday after trying a free sample. I did a mixed load of coloured stuff and added 2 drops of lavender oil. They did the job and what was really noticable was the softness. My DDs nasty acrylic school jumper came out the softest ever!

Just looking at some info on these and it says they're good for 4-6 consecutive washes - do you think that means washing on the same day or would they do for a week?

I have been using soap nuts for a while and my friends thought I was barmy until I gave them some to try. I use them for everything now and just add lavender oil to the load for some scent to my bedding etc.

Does anyone else find that their load has a 'vinegary' when it first comes out the washer but it disappears when the load is dry? I have asked my o/h but he can never smell it...

Just looking at some info on these and it says they're good for 4-6 consecutive washes - do you think that means washing on the same day or would they do for a week?

I use mine over a few days and they wash fine x

Ive done three washes with mine today (had a pile of washing to do!) and they just smell lovely and fresh.

Lu, they come out the washer pretty dry so I reckon they are perfectly fine to sit on the side in their baggie for as long between washes as you need.

I'd like to try these, but don't know much about them. I was disappointed to discover that Ecover is owned by ici, so isn't cruelty free :'( so am looking for an alternative....*sneaks off to Google*....

I've just ordered a sample to try. I started getting a rash from using Bold last year, and I think I'm now heading the same way with Fairy. I'm hoping I will stop itching if they work out and I can make the switch.

What do you do if you have anything pooey or stained to wash? Do they get things out ok, is there a problem using napisan or vanish pre-wash if anything is particularly yukky?

Apparently they are good for normal stains but can struggle with poo stains etc (like most washing liquids tbh!) having said that I tested them out on my very dirty horse jeans that were full of grass, mud, feed, hoof oil, grease and leather soap and they are 100% clean.
If i have stains I will use vanish and/or the sunshine to work its wonders I think!

Glad u were happy with them squish, nice to know theres good things in the mama pack :thumbup:

We use soap nuts too though and do love them :flower:

soooo you dont need fabric softner with them? whats this about lavender i oil? i use persil small and mighty atm with comfort pure smells yummy but costs a fortune!

the soap nuts dont have a 'fragrance' so to keep it natural you add a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil to give them a bit of a smell. You dont need to though Zara ;)

I've just ordered some. I'm really excited....sad or what? lol

Well I just tested mine out this morning and am really happy with them! going to order a big bag now :D

I just heard that Emma at funkymonkeypants.com is selling soapnuts as well, £6 for 500g and £10.50 for a 1kg. Although you have to pay postage (£1.50 or free over £30 spend) at least you can buy some when your getting nappies at the same time!

oooo, may have to order some of these. trying to be as natural as possible.

is there looooaddds? i dont like the smell of lavender hmmm wonder wat that grapefruit smells like!

I've just ordered the 200g and the small grapefruit one to try, they sound really good :D x

There's fooking millions!! They'll last me 12 months!!! :rofl:

I ordered some geranium oil too. Zara just see what they are like without first and if yu want a smell just have a gander for an oil you like......like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->