Sods law and bad Mummy

Dona

Reaction score
It's just sods law that I am away on business for three days and Archie's ill. I feel such a bad Mummy being away from him when he needs me most. I am really not coping with being away but needs must as they say and you just get on with it. I wish I was with him right now (typing this from Manchester Airport with two hrs still to go)..

Are there any other working Mummies that feel the same from time to time? I was off on holiday recently and it was so hard to return back to work, almost as bad as returning from mat leave. Doing things like feeding Archie his tea made me think that I should be doing this all the time. I know that me working is getting us the life we all have but sometimes I feel such a bad Mummy. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

*waves at Manchester Airport - I'm only a couple of miles away!

I only started working two weeks ago, and I do have the benefit of leaving Andrew with SAHD rather than a child-minder. My commute is really short so I can get A up in the morning, dressed and feed him breakfast before I leave; and I am home in time for an hour's play, bath, bottle & bed.

As it's only been recent, I haven't had to leave him yet when he's been ill. I am really not looking forward to that, as he is *my* baby and I want to take care of him!!

You're not a bad mum, just a sad mum. :kiss:

I haven't had to be away from her when she was ill, but leaving her so upset at nursery broke my heart.

Thing is, I was getting to the stage where I was miserable at home all week with her, I just couldn't deal with being a full time mum.

As far as I am concerned, there is no such thing as "should be." If you need to work, for whatever reason, then that is what you do.

For me, working is not about the money as we would adjust and cope if I decided to quit. And you know fine well if you felt you could be a SAHM you would be, even if you had to live in a shoebox eating beans on toast to do it.

Big hugs to you, and to Archie. Hopefully he will be better soon.

:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"